This article is about ways to whiten teeth. Yellow teeth might not be visible to you but they are clearly visible to others. It is a problem that not affects you directly but indirectly. This can be a matter of embarrassment when among people. It can even lower down your confidence at important events. You can find a number of promising advertisements and you might have also tried them. But, do they really have great effect? They might affect your pocket. Well, not many know that there are a number of home remedies that you can try to get rid of yellow teeth. You are ready to go for such remedies then this article will help you with that. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways to whiten teeth. Read the article and learn the best of the remedies to whiten teeth.
Causes of Yellow Teeth:
Teeth have their own color and that is white. But, there are different factors that lead to yellowing of teeth. There are several factors that can cause yellowing of teeth. Those factors are:
- Lack of Oral Hygiene
Remedies to Whiten Teeth:
Yellow teeth can be treated well at home. There are a number of remedies that can help you get whiter teeth natural remedies. Here are going to discuss some of the best remedies to whiten teeth. These remedies are natural and are easily available as well. The remedies we are going to are in use for a longer period of time and assure you white teeth. As these are natural remedies, they might take some time. You have to be regular at using these remedies. Different home remedies to whiten teeth are:
1.) Baking Soda to Whiten Teeth
Baking soda is one of the most effective home remedies for yellow teeth treatment. It helps remove plaque and gives you pearl white teeth. You can use it in different ways. You can simply add some baking soda to your paste and then brush your teeth. Do it twice a day for best results. Or, you can also mix baking soda with white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, lemon juice and white vinegar. Or, you can also try the other ways:
- You can also prepare mouth wash with baking soda.
- Take a cup of cold water and add one tablespoon baking soda and half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- Use it as a mouthwash to rinse your mouth.
- Do it three times a day.
2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Whiten Teeth
It is of great importance when it comes to whiten teeth. Hydrogen peroxide has mild bleaching properties that thus you can use it to get white teeth naturally at home. You can use in different ways. You can simply use it as mouthwash and use liquid hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth. Just make sure that you do not swallow it. Just spit after rinsing your mouth. What else you can do is:
- Mix it with baking soda (as mentioned in the above point) and brush your teeth with it.
- After that, brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste.
3.) Lemon to Whiten Teeth
Lemon is high in bleach properties and thus can be used effectively to whiten teeth. You can use it to brush your teeth and it will help you get pearl white skin. You can simply scrub your teeth with. For the purpose, you have to rub the inner wall of lemon on your teeth and your will get white teeth naturally. What else you can do is:
- Take teaspoon of salt and a few drops of lemon to it.
- Rub this paste on your teeth and gums.
- Leave it as it is for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth.
- Repeat this process twice a day for best results.
4.) Salt to Whiten Teeth
This is one of the oldest methods use to get white color of teeth. Salt has properties that help you get whiter and shiner teeth. It help regain the lost mineral and thus you get whiter teeth.
- You can simply use as tooth powder in place of your regular toothpaste.
- Or, you can also mix it with baking soda. Mixing with baking soda improves the efficiency of salt. It helps you give more natural color of teeth.
- Or, you can mix it with charcoal and use it as paste to brush your teeth.
- You can also mix it with lemon juice and use to brush your teeth.
5.) Strawberries to Whiten Teeth
You can also go for strawberries to get that pearl white shade. It is high in vitamin C and thus give you whiter teeth. You can use it in two different ways. What you have to do is:
- Take a few strawberries and grind them to paste.
- Use this paste to brush your teeth.
- Brush your teeth with this paste two times day for a couple of weeks.
- Extract pulp of one strawberry and add half teaspoon of baking soda to it.
- Spread this paste on your teeth and leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse your mouse with water and later brush your teeth with your regular toothbrush.
6.) Orange Peel to Whiten Teeth
Orange peels have a number of functions. It is widely used to get fairer skin and treat various skin problems. You can use them to clean your teeth as well. It helps reduce the yellowness collected on your teeth. Orange peels are also high in vitamin C and calcium and thus you can get whiter teeth with orange peels. Also, it fights off the microorganism. What you have to do is simply rub orange peels on your teeth before going to bed. Repeat this process for a few weeks and you will notice the difference soon. You can also go for dried orange peels powder.
7.) Basil Leaves to Whiten Teeth
You can also go for the basil leaves in order to get rid of yellow teeth. This is one of the most effective remedies for yellow teeth treatment. Using basil leaves have other advantages as well. It prevents your teeth from the problems like pyorrhea and other such diseases. You can use it two different ways:
- Take some basil leaves and dry them in sunlight.
- Crush the dried leaves to make a powder.
- Mix this powder to your regular toothpaste and brush your teeth with it.
- Take some basil leaves and make a paste by grinding it.
- Add a few drops of mustard oil and mix well.
- Use it to brush your teeth regularly.
8.) Apple to Whiten Teeth
You can also use apple to whiten teeth. What you have to do is eat apple. Eating apples work as a toothpaste and give your shinier teeth. Eating one-two apples daily help remove accumulated yellowness on your teeth. The acidic nature of apples will give you whiter teeth. You can also go for other crunchy foods like raw carrots, broccoli and cucumber.
9.) Charcoal to Whiten Teeth
Charcoal is also one of the most amazing remedies to get rid of yellow teeth. It is crystal based chemical that help your get whiter teeth. What you have to do is just mix charcoal powder with your regular toothpaste and use it to brush your teeth. You have to brush your teeth with this prepared paste twice a day.
10.) Margosa to Whiten Teeth
Margosa is one of the most effective remedy that helps you get whiter and shinier teeth. There are different ways that you can use margosa to whiten teeth. You can use the twigs of margosa as toothbrush. This keeps your teeth whiter and prevents discoloring. It also treats yellow teeth. Also, you can add margosa oil to your regular toothbrush and use to brush your teeth.
11.) Turmeric Powder to Whiten Teeth
You can also use turmeric powder to make your teeth whiten. Turmeric powder is high in properties that help your get whiter teeth naturally at home. It not only helps you get whiter teeth but keeps your gum healthy as well. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take some turmeric powder in a bowl and dip your brush in it.
- Now use this toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with water and then use your regular toothpaste.
12.) Banana Peel to Whiten Teeth
You can also go for banana peel in order to make your teeth whiter than before. The banana peel is high in potassium and manganese. Banana peels help prevent discoloration of teeth. What you have to do is just rub the inner wall of banana peel on your teeth. It will help you get shinier and whiter teeth.
Practice Oral Hygiene to Whiten Teeth
In the above points we discussed various remedies to whiten teeth. These remedies are no doubt effective, but you can go for some practices to maintain oral hygiene. There are a number of ways that you can maintain oral hygiene. Apart from teeth whitening, oral hygiene also helps you get rid of bad breath and other oral problems. From choosing your toothpaste to going for your mouth wash, everything comes under oral hygiene. Here are some of the points that you can follow to maintain your oral hygiene.
1.) The Right Toothpaste to Whiten Teeth
Toothpaste help remove plaque and food debris and thus they are the most important part of oral hygiene. There are a number of toothpastes available in the market. There are different promising advertisement as well that attract you towards them allure you to buy them. Also, different toothpastes serve different problems. Some are specialized for tooth whitening and other might be for teeth sensitivity. But you need to be rational before going for any of the product. You can take the decisions by checking the ingredients they are using.
- Check for Fluoride – This mineral helps prevent tooth decay and keeps your teeth healthy. It strengthens the enamel and also fight of the bacteria.
- Toothpaste for teeth whitening mainly contains mild abrasives. It helps removing surface stains causing yellowing of teeth.
2.) Choosing Toothbrush to Whiten Teeth
There are different rules related to toothbrush that you should follow in order to maintain the proper hygiene.
Choosing toothbrush is also one of the most important ways to keep your teeth clean. You can go for manual or electric toothbrush. Also, you consult your dentist that which toothbrush you should go for.
- Always keep your toothbrush clean.
- Clean it properly after every use.
- Keep it in open place.
- Make sure that you do not store in any box or something closed like container.
- Do not share your tooth brush with anyone. It can lead to the transfer of germs.
3.) Brush Your Teeth Twice a Day to Whiten Teeth
This is one of the most important things to do in order to whiten your teeth. Brushing your teeth just once is not enough. You should brush your teeth twice a day. You should brush for at least two minutes. Brushing your teeth before going to bed is really important as it helps prevent food debris from spoiling your teeth.
4.) Right Floss to Whiten Teeth
You should definitely go for choosing the right floss for yourself as flossing is the most important part of your oral hygiene besides brushing. There are chances that your toothbrush is not able to remove the food debris completely. There are different types of floss available in the market. You can choose the one that suits you the best. They also come in flavors. You can choose the one accordingly. You can also get waxed or unwaxed floss. But, flosses approved by ADA (American Dental Association)can be trusted for its safety and effectiveness.
5.) Mouthwash to Whiten Teeth
You should always pay special attention to mouth wash. Brushing your teeth helps clean your teeth. But, going for mouthwash assure the complete cleaning of your mouth. Mouthwash basically helps fight bad breathe and helps maintain overall hygiene. There are different types of mouthwashes available in the market that you can go for. They also strengthen enamel, remove plaque and helps kill bacteria causing gingivitis. You should daily swish your mouth with mouthwash after brushing your teeth and after having each meal. You can also ask dentist for the best mouthwash for you. Sometimes, they might suggest some stronger ones.