This article is about ways to stop coughing. Coughing is the problem that can affect you anywhere at any time and can really give you a great discomfort. Coughing is basically the result of many problems like cold and smoking and thus need special treatment to go. It is mostly causes due to blockage by some irritant in throat. When you want to remove these irritants, you cough. The intrusion of foreign elements in your throat is one of the main reasons of cough. Coughing might a small problem but can really disturb your day and can even give you sleepless nights. It can spoil your presentation at meetings and can even prevent you from attending the important lecture in the college. Thus it becomes really important to get rid of cough.
There are a number of cough syrup that area available in market that you can go for in order to treat coughing. But there a different other ways that will help you get rid of the problem without having the need to rush to the pharmacy. Apart from that, cough syrups can affect your pocket a little bit. And, there are other remedies that will help you get rid of the cough without affecting properties. In short, there are a number of simple remedies that can help you cure the problem fast and naturally. You can try these remedies at home and cure cough without spending anything. In this article, we are going to discuss various ways that will help you cure cough at home. Read the article and learn about different ways to treat cough.
Causes of Cough:
Cough is not a simple problem that needs treatment. It is basically the symptom of other problems. Different problems that cause coughing are:
- Common flu
- Some infection
- Lung cancer
Methods to Stop Coughing:
As said above, coughing is not a problem, in fact it is the result of many problems. Being the result of many problems, it needed to be cured with proper remedies and treatment. The good part about cough is that it can be treated well at home using simple remedies. There are different home remedies that one should go for in order to get rid of cough fast and naturally. You can try these simple remedies and get rid of the problem that is giving you sleepless nights. Not only with remedies, but you can also treat stop cough with some simple changes in your lifestyle.
1.) Ginger to Stop Coughing
This remedy has been used for a very long to get rid of cough. Ginger is one of the most effective remedies for cough treatment. It is high in properties that help cure the problem fast and naturally. Simply chewing half an inch of ginger root will do the job for you. But, if you think that it is hard for you to chew the ginger root then you can simply prepare ginger tea. To prepare the tea, follow the given steps:
- Boil a cup of water and add half an inch of crushed ginger to it.
- Allow it to steep for a five minutes.
- Strain the tea, add honey and enjoy the tea.
- Drink it thrice a day and get rid of cough.
2.) Lemon to Stop Coughing
Lemon is also one of the most useful remedies for cough treatment. It is high in vitamin C and thus treats the cough well. It is good for cough that is caused due to some infection. You can simply prepare a cough syrup by mixing one tablespoon of each honey and lemon. Consume this syrup three times a day. You can also consume it in liquid form. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of water and add half lemon juice to it.
- Add a teaspoon honey to it and add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Consume this solution and get rid of cough at home.
3.) Onion to Stop Coughing
You can also go with onion to treat cough. Inhaling the strong vapors of onion will help clear mucus and thus it will treat coughing. What you have to do is make a syrup by mixing onion syrup with onion juice, honey and comfrey tea. Drink it daily for best result. You can try the other way as well.
- Combine half teaspoon of onion juice with one teaspoon of honey.
- Consume this mixture daily and you will be able to fight of symptoms of cough.
- Consuming it twice a day and it will soothe your throat.
4.) Garlic to Stop Coughing
Garlic can also be used to get rid of cough fast and naturally at home. It is high in antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that will help your body fight cough. Consume one garlic clove daily. It purifies blood and helps you treat different properties. You can simply include garlic in your cooking. You can also consume it in other ways:
- Crush one garlic clove and add honey and clove oil to it.
- Consume it daily for best results.
- Boil a cup of water and add three garlic cloves to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of oregano.
- After boiling it for a few minutes, allow it to cool on room temperature.
- Add some honey to sweeten it and drink it.
5.) Turmeric to Stop Coughing
Turmeric is also one of the most effective remedies that can be used to get rid of cough fast and naturally at home. It is high in properties that help a lot in fighting off the symptoms of cough. The simplest way to consume it is by mixing it with water. For the purpose, you first have to grind roasted turmeric root to make a powder. When it is ready, add one teaspoon of powder in a glass of water and honey to it. Mix it well and drink it. You can try it other two ways as well. You can make herbal tea. To make tea with turmeric, follow the given steps:
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon carom seeds and turmeric powder.
- Boil it for some time and then strain it.
- Now add a teaspoon of honey to it and drink this tea.
- Drink it daily for best results.
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Add a teaspoon of black pepper and cinnamon sticks it.
- Boil it for some time, strain it and add honey.
- Enjoy this teat and get rid of cough fast.
6.) Cayenne to Stop Coughing
Cayenne pepper is also one of the most popular remedies used to get rid of cough fast and naturally at home. It helps in reducing chest and its warming effects relieve one from other problems as well. What you have to do is make a cough syrup with cayenne pepper and get rid of the problem fast. Follow the steps given below to make a cough syrup:
- Take one fourth teaspoon of crushed ginger and add one add an equal amount of cayenne pepper to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey to the solution.
- Also add one tablespoon of each water and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl and consume one teaspoon of this syrup.
- Consume it three times a day for best results.
7.) Hot Milk and Honey to Stop Coughing
This remedy is also considered a successful one when comes to the treatment of cough. It helps a lot in fighting the symptoms of cold lets you get relief from the problem soon. It is also amazing at fighting the chest pain and other related symptoms. Trying this remedy before going to bed is the best way to get all the benefits of this remedy. It soothes your throat by clearing the mucus. What you have to do is add a teaspoon of honey in warm water and drink it before going to bed.
8.) Grapes to Stop Coughing
Grapes are also counted among the most effective remedies for cough treatment. Being high in properties that act as expectorant, it helps remove mucus and thus you get rid of cough soon. It cleans the respiratory system and thus is considered great to fight against coughing. What you can do is consume grapes and it will treat the problem. Switch your snacks with grapes and treat coughing. What else you can do is extract some grapes juice and consume it by adding a teaspoon of honey.
9.) Carrot Juice to Stop Coughing
Carrot juice are also known for their properties that great effects on cough. It is high in nutrients and vitamin that fight off the symptoms of cough. What you have to do extract some fresh carrot juice and drink it after diluting it with water. You can also add a teaspoon of honey for additional benefits. One glass of carrot juice three times a day will do the job for you.
10.) Almonds to Stop Coughing
Almonds area also counted among the most beneficial remedies for cough treatment. It is high in properties that fight of the factors causing cough. It speeds up the healing process and provides great relief from the problem. Follow the given steps to make a remedy for cough treatment:
- Soak almost ten almonds in water overnight.
- In the morning make a fine paste with these almonds.
- When the paste is ready, add butter to it.
- Mix it well and consume one teas spoon of this mixture thrice a day.
- Do it on a daily basis and you will get the results soon.
11.) Honey to Stop Coughing
Honey is high in antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help a lot in treating cough and related problems. What you have to do is consume a teaspoon of warm honey several times a day and get rid of the problem fast.
- Take some honey in small glass jar and place this jar in hot water.
- Honey will get warm and you can consume one teaspoon from it.
12.) Steam to Stop Coughing
Inhaling steam is also an amazing remedy that one try to avoid cough. Steam opens the clogged passages and helps you get rid of the problem fast. What you have to do is:
- What you have to do is boil to bowls of water.
- When the water has boiled properly, remove it from heat and bring to table.
- Take your face over the water and inhale the steam.
- Also, dab your head with a towel so that you can inhale the maximum steam.
13.) Take Fluids to Stop Coughing
Increasing the consumption of fluid is another way to treat coughing. Consuming more fluids clear mucus and gives you relief from cough. Also, keeping body hydrated is a key solution to many problems. When your body is hydrated it is able to fight off various problems. Drinking more liquid helps remove toxins from your body.
14.) Holy Basil to Stop Coughing
Holy basil leaves can also be used to cure cough. This is the remedy that has been used for a very long to cure a number of problems. In fact, this herbal remedy cures a lot of problem. It is high in properties that soothe your throat and help you cure the problem fast. What you have to do is:
- Extract some juice from basil leaves.
- Add honey to it and consume it.
- It can give your instant relief from coughing.
15.) Aloe Vera Juice to Stop Coughing
Consuming Aloe Vera juice is also one of the most fantastic remedies for cough treatment. It is high in properties that help you get rid of cough and other related problems. What you have to do is extract some Aloe Vera juice and add two teaspoons of honey to the juice. This is one of the most effective herbal remedy that you can try at home. You can easily find the Aloe Vera juice in the market.
These are the remedies that you can try for yourself in order to get rid of cough fast and naturally. But, in case you do not get relief, you need to take medical help and consult your doctor.