This article is about home remedies for sore throat. Sore throat is the condition that is marked by pain the throat. Basically your throat gets swollen due to various reasons and you feel pain in your throat. The medical term for this condition is acute pharyngitis. Basically, this condition is marked by the swelling of pharynx. Pharynx is the tube that extends from back and connects to esophagus. You might be thinking to consult the doctor for the pain you are subfreezing with, but there are many home remedies that will help you get rid of sore throat fast and naturally. You can find various solutions for the sore throat in your kitchen. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best home remedies for sore throat treatment. Read the article and choose the best remedy for you.
Symptoms of Sore Throat:
You cannot say that pain in throat is because you are suffering with sore throat. There could be many other possible reasons for throat pain. Thus, you should know various symptoms of sore throat so that you do not recognize it wrong or confuse with some other problem. Symptoms of sore throat are:
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Dry Throat
- Pain in the throat
- Some sensations in the throat
- Pain while speaking
- Croaky voice
- Tenderness in the neck
Causes of Sore Throat:
- Here are the causes that lead to the condition of sore throat.
- Viral infection
- Bacterial Infection
- Injuries and irritants
Home Remedies for Sore Throat
The best part about the condition is that it can be easily treated at home. Many people opt to rush to doctors as soon as they feel pain throat. But, not a many know that it can be treated well at home without affecting your pocket. There are a number of remedies that you can go for in order to treat your sore throat well. You just have to pick some ingredients from your kitchen and you will be able to cure the problem soon. Here are some of the best home remedies for sore throat treatment.
1.) Lemon to Treat Sore Throat
Lemon is high in properties that help soothe sore throat and provides you relief from the problem. You can use it in different ways. Make sure that you go for fresh lemon. It helps clear mucus and thus provides your relief from the pain. What you have to do is:
- Take a cut of water and half lemon juice to it.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and mix well.
- Enjoy this hot lemonade with sip and treat your sore throat fast.
- Take a cup of water and half lemon juice to it.
- Now use this mixture to gargle.
Or, you can try the other way as well. This is the simplest way to use lemon to get rid of sore throat. What you have to do is sprinkle some salt on half cut lemon and suck on it.
2.) Salt Water to Cure Sore Throat
This is one of the best home remedies for sore throat treatment. This is easy to prepare and helps you get rid of sore throat fast and naturally. What you have to do is gargle with salt water. This method has been used over a very long period of time and provides almost instant relief from the problem. It works as antiseptic agent and remove the mucous membranes in the throat. It also removes phlegm and helps you get rid of inflammation. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of warm water and add half teaspoon of salt in it and mix well.
- Gargle with this solution and spit. Do not swallow the solution.
- Repeat the process four times a day for best results.
3.) Garlic to Avoid Sore Throat
Garlic is one of the most amazing home remedies for sore throat treatment. It is high in antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help you get relief from the problem soon. It also prevents sore throat. You can use garlic in different ways. You can simply chew a garlic clove. It releases the chemical called allicin. This chemical would kill the bacteria causing sore throat. You can also eat garlic in cooked form. If you do not like the taste then you have option for garlic pills as well. What else you can do is:
- Take one-fourth cup of warm water and a few drops of garlic oil to it.
- Use this solution to gargle.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Sore Throat
You can also go for apple cider vinegar in order to treat sore throat well. Apple cider vinegar is counted among the most efficient remedies for sore throat treatment. It is high in antibacterial properties that help cure sore throat. You can use it differently. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a glass of water and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add one tea spoon of lemon juice and equal amount of honey.
- Drink this solution slowly and cure sore throat well.
- It helps remove pain and inflammation.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar to make a solution to gargle. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Take a glass of warm water and add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add an inch of salt to it
- Mix it well and use it to gargle.
- Do it several times a day for best results.
5.) Slippery Elm to Treat Sore Throat
Slippery Elm is also one of the most fantastic remedies for sore throat treatment. It contains a gel like substance known as mucilage. It soothes throat, reduces irritation and soreness of throat. It can also be used to treat various other problems. It is efficient at treating respiratory problems like laryngitis. You have to use the herb and if it is not available then you can surely go for capsules. What you have to do is:
- Take two cups of water in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add one teaspoon of inner bark of slippery elm to the water.
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink it slowly when it is still warm.
6.) Cinnamon to Cure Sore Throat
Cinnamon is one of the most magical remedies for sore throat treatment. This is great to use if sore throat is result of common cold. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it.
- Also add black pepper powder to it and a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Use this solution to gargle.
- Do it three times a day for best results.
- Take a teaspoon of pure honey and add a few drops of cinnamon oil to it.
- Consume this mixture twice a day and it will help you get relief from pain inflammation.
7.) Chamomile Tea to Avoid Sore Throat
This is another great option to get rid of sore throat. In fact this is among the most amazing home remedies for sore throat treatment. You can simply treat sore throat with sips of chamomile tea. It goes great with inflammation and the pain cause due to the condition. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and add two tea bags of chamomile tea to it.
- Cover it with a lid and allow it steep for five minutes.
- Take it a cup and add a teaspoon of honey to taste.
- Enjoy this tea and cure strep throat.
8.) Steam to Get Rid of Sore Throat
Inhaling steam can also prove to be one of the most effective remedies for sore throat treatment. Inhaling steam helps clear the mucus and thus provide you relief from the problem of sore throat. It soothes throat and removes swelling. What you have to do is:
- Boil a pan of water for five minutes.
- Bring the pan on the table and take your face over it and inhale.
- Cover your had with a towel so that you can inhale maximum amount of steam.
- You can also take a steamy bath.
- While taking a shower, you should inhale and exhale.
- This is will help clear your throat.
9.) Ginger to Cure Sore Throat
Ginger is also one of the most amazing remedies for sore throat treatment. You can also go for ginger to soothe your throat and get relief from the problem of sore throat. Ginger is widely used to treat cold and cough. It works great on sore throat as well. You just have to prepare ginger tea and cure your throat enjoying it. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and add one inch of grated ginger to it.
- Cover it with a lid and steep for five minutes.
- Strain it in a cup and drink it.
- You can also add honey to sweeten to it.
10.) Humidifier to Prevent Sore Throat
You can also place a humidifier in your room to treat sore throat. It helps in adding moisture to the air. And, when there is moisture in the air, it helps clear throat and give your relief from the condition fast. It does it by preventing throat from drying out. In case you do not have humidifier the you can boil a pan water and keep it front of heating vent.