This article is about home remedies for cough. Cough is basically side effects of other problems. Cough is not a serious problem but it can be really irritating and annoying. It can spoil your office meeting and it can even keep you awake all night. The problem is so irritating that you want to get rid of as soon as possible. It has the potential to wake up in the middle of your dreams and can also confine you to your house.
Most of the time, cough is the symptom of many problems like smoking, cold, flu or some virus infection. Basically, it is home remedies that help treat cough fast. You can find different medicine for cough at pharmacy but you can easily treat cough without affecting your pocket. In this article, we are going to discuss different home remedies for cough treatment. Read the article and learn more about cough.
Types of Cough:
There are different types of cough. You might have no idea that what kind of cough you are suffering with. In order to treat the cough well, you should have know that what kind of cough you are suffering with. Here are different types of cough:
- Chesty Cough – Chesty cough is caused due to the congestion of chest that is a result of mucus build up in the lungs. It is a common symptom of respiratory tract infection. The infection is cause due to intrusion of dust, virus and bacteria in your lungs. Due to these foreign elements, inflammation of the airways occurs and mucus produced in the lungs.
- Mucus Cough – This type of cough is caused due to formation of mucus in the chest. The main function of mucus is two protect the dust and bacteria from entering into the body. When you are not ill, then also mucus protects the body from foreign element. But, when the mucus is developed in the chest, it becomes necessary to remove it.
- Tickly Cough – The irritation produced in the throat, making your to cough is called tickly cough. It is caused by some irritants and foreign elements. A sore throat is the symptom of this type of throat.
- Dry Cough – When the upper airways are inflamed, it causes you to cough. This is known as dry cough. This is basically caused due to infection, cold or flu. It can be experiences due to exposure to dust or cigarette smoke.
- Whooping Cough – Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection in nose and throat.
Causes of Cough:
As said above, cough is not a problem in itself, it is the symptoms of other problems. Here are the causes that can lead to coughing:
- Common cold
- Viral infection
- Chest congestion
- Lung cancer
- Irritants like dust particles
- Side of certain medicines
Home Remedies for Cough
Cough is the problem that takes time to go. It is not a serious issue but it can be highly irritating. It is disturbing not only for you, but it irritated people around you. Thus it becomes really important to get rid of it. You can spend a lot of money on the treatment of cough. And, you can also get rid of it without spending much with simple home remedies for cough. There are a number of remedies that you can easily try at home and cure cough fast and naturally. Here are some of the best remedies that you can try to get rid of cough.
1.) Ginger to Get Rid of Cough
Ginger is one of the most amazing home remedies for cough treatment. This is the remedy that has been used for a really long time and it helps treat cough naturally. You can simply chew an inch of ginger root soothes your throat and get rid of problem. You can also treat cough by just enjoying ginger tea. To prepare the tea:
- Take a cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add an inch of finely crushed ginger root to it.
- Boil it for a few minutes and then strain the tea.
- Add honey to it and enjoy the tea at home.
- Drink it twice or thrice a day for best results.
2.) Turmeric to Treat Cough
Turmeric is also one of the remedies for cough treatment that has been used for a very long time. It soothes your throat and helps get rid of cough. You can use it in different ways. Simply roast turmeric roots, grind to make a powder and then consume it by mixing it in a glass of warm water. You can also add honey to taste. Drink it twice a day for best results. What else you can do is:
- Boil a cup of water and add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Add one teaspoon of carom seeds.
- Allow it to boil for five minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add honey.
- Enjoy this solution and get rid of cough.
- Drink this solution at least twice a day for best results.
- Boil a cup of water and one teaspoon of black pepper to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Also add cinnamon stick.
- Cover it with a lid and steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the solution, add honey to it and drink.
- Drink it thrice a day till the condition improves.
3.) Lemon to Cure Cough
Being high in vitamin C, lemon helps a lot with infection that lead to cough. It reduces inflammation and speeds up the healing process. In short, this is one of the most wonderful remedies for cough treatment. What you can do is mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with a little honey and add a pinch of cayenne pepper to it. Consume this blend twice a day and you will see the difference. What else you can do is prepare a cough syrup by mixing two tablespoons of lemon juice with a tablespoon of honey. You need to consume this syrup several times a day for best results.
4.) Onion to Avoid Cough
Onion is one of the simplest remedies for cough treatment. It has properties that speed up the healing process and provides you relief from the problem. What you can do is:
- You have to make a cough syrup by mixing baked onion juice with comfrey tea and honey.
- Drink this tea thrice a day.
- You can consume a teaspoon of onion juice with same amount of raw honey.
- Consume this mixture at least twice a day for best results.
5.) Garlic to Get Rid of Cough
Garlic is also one of the most wonderful remedies for treatment. It is antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and thus helps you cure cough naturally at home. You can simply chew a garlic clove. It has soothing effects. Or, you can also consume a mixture of a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of garlic oil. It has soothing properties on throat. You can also consume garlic by adding it to your meal. What else you can do is:
- Boil a cup of water and add a few chopped garlic cloves it.
- Also add a teaspoon of oregano to it.
- Allow the solution to cool on room temperature.
- Add honey to it and drink it.
- This will also treat the breathing issues.
6.) Hot Milk with Honey for Cough Treatment
This is also one of the most amazing remedies for cough that you can go for. Milk and honey together soothes throat and reduces chest pain and irritation. It is high effective at treating dry cough. It fights of the symptoms that you face due to continuous coughing. You can add a teaspoon of honey to a glass of milk and drink it before going to bed. You can also swallow plain honey. As it is high in antibacterial properties, it helps soothe the throat. It also clears mucus.
7.) Carrot Juice to Avoid Cough
Carrot juice is also considered one of the most effective remedies for cough treatment. It is high in nutrients that help fight cough and give you relief fast. What you have to do is drink carrot juice by diluting it with water. You have to consume this juice at least thrice day for best results. Carrot juice provides other benefits as well. It is highly beneficial for eyes.
8.) Grapes to Cure Cough
Grapes can also be used to treat cough fast and naturally. This is one of the tastiest remedies for cough. It is high in properties that make the grapes act as expectorant. It helps in releasing mucus from the respiratory system and helps you get rid of the problem fast. You can simply enjoy this tasty fruit watching television or you can also have fresh grapes juice. You can also consume it with a teaspoon of honey and have soothing effects.
9.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Cough
Cayenne pepper is also counted among the most useful remedies for cough. It reduces chest congestion and pain and thus speeds up the healing process. It also has warming effects. You have to make syrup with this ingredient and you will be able to get rid of problem fast. To make the syrup:
- In a cup take three tablespoons of water and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Add one-fourth teaspoon of cayenne pepper and equal amount of ground ginger to it.
- Also add a tablespoon of honey.
- Your syrup is ready.
- Drink this thrice a day for best results.
10.) Almonds to Avoid Cough
Almonds are also counted among the most effective and amazing remedies for cough treatment. It is high in properties that speed up the heeling process and fights off the symptoms of cough. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Soak five almonds overnight in water.
- In the morning, make a smooth paste and a teaspoon of butter to it.
- Mix it well and consume thrice a day for best results.
11.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Cough
Chamomile tea is another amazing remedy used to treat cough. It has properties that help you get rid of symptoms of cough. Just enjoy chamomile tea and get rid of cough. What you have to do is:
- Put some chamomile tea leaves in a cup.
- Pour hot water on it.
- Cover it with a lid and steep for five minutes.
- Strain it and drink it.
12.) Pineapple to Treat Cough
Pineapple can also be used to treat cough fast and naturally. It is high in vitamin C that helps cure the symptoms of cough. It is also rich in enzymes that fight of cough. What you have to do is just increase the consumption of pineapple. It also boosts your immune system, preventing your body from other such infections.
13.) Thyme Tea to Get Rid of Cough
Thyme tea is also one of the most wonderful remedies for cough treatment. It is great at fighting off the dry cough. Also, it is high in flavonoids that helps relax the throat. It helps reduce inflammation caused in the respiratory tract. You have to enjoy the tea to get rid of cough. To prepare the tea:
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of thyme leaves.
- Steep it for ten minutes and then strain it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey to taste.
- Enjoy this tea and get rid of cough fast.
14.) Salt Water to Treat Cough
Salt water is also one of the most amazing remedies for cough treatment. It soothes throat and helps treat cough fast and naturally. What you have to do is:
- Warm a glass of water.
- When the water is lukewarm, add a pinch salt to it.
- Use this salt water to gargle and get rid of cough.
15.) Increase Liquid Intake
This is one of the simplest ways to avoid cough. It not only cures cough but it also prevents it. Increasing the consumption of liquid helps clear the mucus formation and thus you are able to avoid cough. So, go for tea, coffee, juice etc and you will be able to prevent cough.