This article is about ways to get rid of stye. Stye is a red colored pimple like bump that mostly affects your eye lid. This is a painful condition that is marked by the swelling and inflammation around the house. This is a common eye condition that can prove to be highly irritating and painful. It generally goes on its own within a week or so but it can really annoy you for the week it stays. Thus, it becomes really important for you to get rid of it as soon as possible. Though it is painful and irritating in nature, it completely harmless. But, you need to fight of the symptoms that it brings it with itself.
The condition can become so annoying that people are even ready to spend on it. Well, you do not have to do anything like such. There are different ways that would help you cure eye stye at home. In fact there are different home remedies that would help you treat eye stye naturally at home. The worst part about eye stye is that there is a great chance of rearrange. Thus, you need to select the proper remedies to heal eye stye fast and naturally. In this article, we are going to discuss different ways that would help you get rid of eye stye fast. Read the article and learn different ways to heal eye stye.
Causes of Eye Stye:
Eye stye is basically causes due to bacteria known as staphylococcus. They are almost 90-95 per cent times responsible for eye stye. Other bacteria might also be involved but the chances are low. Factors that trigger the bacteria are makeup, dirt and some debris that infect and block the oil gland.
Symptoms of Eye Stey:
Here are the common symptoms that are followed by eye stye:
- Burning sensation
- Mucus discharge
- Sensitivity to light
- Difficulty in blinking
Remedies to Get Rid of Eye Stye:
Eye stye gets heal on its own within a few days but it is followed by symptoms like pain and irritation that you should be fought off. There are a number of remedies that you can easily try at home and get rid of eyes stye fast and naturally. These remedies are easily are simple to use and you can easily find them around you house. As these remedies are natural once, you have to be real patience at trying them. But, you should not doubt their effectiveness.
1.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Stye
Green tea is one of the most effective remedies for eye stye treatment. It is widely known for weight but it is high in properties that help a lot in treating problems like eye. It is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and it also reduces pain caused due to stye. Being high in tannic acid, it is also effective at preventing infection. Also, it has various nutrients and anti-oxidants that speed up the healing process. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a glass of warm water and dip one green tea bag in the water.
- Remove it from water and squeeze out extra water from it.
- Close your eyes and apply this bag on the affected area.
- Hold it against affected area for some time.
- Repeat the process a few times a day for best results.
- In case you do not have green tea, you can also go for black tea.
2.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of Stye
It can also be used as one of the most excellent remedies for eye stye treatment. Warm compress is highly effective at pain and swelling. Also, it is known to improve the blood circulation and it is helpful in draining the pus. You can follow the given steps to use it:
- Take some hot water and dip a small towel in it.
- Wring out the extra water and apply the towel on the affected area.
- Hold it for a few minutes and wait.
- The pus will start to drain.
- Now clean the pus with a clean cloth.
- Repeat it till the us drains out completely.
3.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Stye
It is a remedy that has been used to treat a number of health, skin and hair related problems. You can also use it to cure eye stye. It has soothing properties that relieves from the itching. Also, it is high in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that heal eye stye fast. It is highly effective at reducing redness, pain and swelling and it can also be used to speed up the healing process. What you have to do is:
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and scoop to extract gel.
- Apply the gel on the affected area and leave for twenty minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy a few times a day to get the best results.
4.) Coriander Seeds to Get Rid of Stye
This is one of the most primitive methods to heal eye stye. It has anti-inflammatory properties that do a lot at treating eye stye. These seeds have the potential to reduce pain, swelling and redness. You have to prepare eyewash to treat eye stye. What you have to do is:
Boil a bowl of water and add one tablespoon of coriander seeds to it.
- Boil for some time and strain it.
- Allow it to cool completely and use this water to wash your eyes.
- Repeat the process three times on a daily basis for best results.
5.) Garlic to Get Rid of Stye
Garlic is also one of the most efficient remedies for stye treatment. We all are aware of the benefits of garlic. It has been used to treat a number of skin related problems. Garlic is high in antibacterial and antifungal properties that are useful in curing eye stye. It reduces swelling, redness and pain fast. You can notice the difference soon after apply garlic to the affected area. What you have to do is:
- Take a garlic clove and cut it into.
- Now, rub the half garlic on the affected area for some time.
- It will cause some burning sensations but will have direct effect on the stye.
- Repeat the process several times a day and you will notice the difference soon.
6.) Cloves to Get Rid of Stye
Cloves are also among the most effective remedies for stye treatment. It is high in properties that work as pain reliever. Cloves also stops the irritation caused by the stye. It not only treats cloves but being high in antibacterial properties, it also prevents the spread infection. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of water and soak six cloves in it.
- After ten minutes, strain the solution.
- Soak a cloth in water and apply on the affected area.
- Hold the cloth for a few seconds.
- Repeat the process several times a day for best results.
7.) Potato to Get Rid of Stye
Potato can also be used as one of the most effective remedies for eye stye treatment. This is one of the most commonly used remedies for eye stye. It is high in astringent properties that help in contracting the tissues and it also reduces skin irritation. Potato also helps in reducing pain and inflammation. What you have to do is:
- Grate a potato and wrap it a cheesecloth.
- Place in on the affected area and leave for ten minutes.
- Repeat the process three times a day for best results.
8.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Stye
Turmeric is high in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in curing the eye stye fast. It reduces inflammation and also removes elements that can cause infection or can worsen the condition. You can use it two different ways:
- Boil two cups of water and add two tablespoons of turmeric powder to it.
- Boil it till the water is reduced to half.
- Remove it from heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Strain the solution with the help of a clean cotton cloth.
- Your eyewash is ready.
- Use this solution to wash your eyes.
- Turmeric has the properties that treat you internally as well.
- Boil a cup of milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Mix it well and drink it.
- Drink daily before going to bed.
9.) Baby Shampoo to Get Rid of Stye
It can be used to recover from the problem fast. Baby shampoo helps in keeping the affected area clean and tidy. It also removes dust and irritants. You can use this shampoo to wash the affected area. What you have to do is:
- Take a cup of warm water and add a few drops if baby shampoo to it.
- Mix it well till the shampoo is completely diluted.
- Soak a cotton ball in it and squeeze out extra water.
- Close your eyes and place the ball on the affected area.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- Apply warm compress on the area for five minutes.
- Do it a few times a day for best results.
10.) Guava Leaves to Get Rid of Stye
You can also go for guava leaves in order to cure eye stye fast. Guava leaves have healing properties that work as an amazing remedy for sties. These leaves contain anti-inflammatory properties that help a lot in treating eye stye. It is useful in reducing redness and swelling. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Wash three guava leaves in hot water.
- Soak a clean cloth in hot water and wring out extra water.
- Wrap the washed guava leaves in the cloth and allow it to cool.
- Now, apply it on the affected area and hold against it for five time.
- Do it thrice daily for best results.
11.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Stye
This oil is also high in anti-inflammatory properties and ricinoleic acid that help a lot in reducing the pain and redness. Castor oil is one of the most effective remedies for eye stye treatment. Follow the given steps to use it:
- In a cup of warm water, mix some baby shampoo and use this water to wash your eyes.
- Dip a cotton cloth in hot water, wring out extra water and use it to give a warm compress to the area.
- Take a cotton swab and dip in the castor oil.
- Apply it on the bump.
- Repeat the process twice a day for best results.
12.) Parsley Leaves to Get Rid of Stye
You can also use the parsley leaves in order to get rid of eye stye. It is also high in properties that help in curing eye stye. You can prepare eyewash with parsley leaves and heal eye stye. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Boil a bowl of water and add some fresh parsley leaves to it.
- Boil it for some time, strain it and allow to cool.
- When it cools completely, use it to wash the affected area.
These are some of the best remedies that you can go for in order to treat eye stye. You can try any of the remedies given above and get rid of eye stye fast and naturally. Remember, these are natural remedies and you have to be a real patient when using the remedies. You can use any of the above given remedies and there is no need to go to the doctor or spend unnecessarily.
Other Ways to Get Rid of Eye Stye:
In the part we discussed various home remedies for eye stye treatment. It’s time to learn about some other ways that would help you cure the problem. The methods that we are going to discuss are very simple and do not require any extra efforts while using them. These methods are best to stop the infection from spreading and it also restricts the reoccurrence. In shorts, the methods that we are going to discuss do not only help with the treatment but they also prevent the condition from occurring again. Here are different methods that you can follow to treat eye stye in a very simple way.
1.) Wash Your Eyelids Frequently to Get Rid of Stye
This is one of the most common and important aspect of treating eye stye. What you have to do is make a habit of washing your eyes again and again. It is a great way of preventing the bacterial infection from spreading. You should always keep washing your eyes with cold water when you have eye stye. Be particular when the pus is draining from the eye stye.
- You can also keep cleaning it with some mild shampoo like baby shampoo. Also clean it with towel. You can also use lukewarm water to wash the area. Gently scrubbing the area will also be really effective.
- In case you are more prone to eye stye and it occurs again and again, you should maintain a habit of cleaning the eyes and keeping it cleaned always.
2.) Wash Your Hands After Touching to Get Rid of Stye
This is another important way to treat eye stye. What you have to do is keep washing your hands every time you touch your eyes. Well, it is always advised to not to touch your eye stye again and again. It may lead to the spread of infection. In case, you are touching the affected area, you should keep washing your hands again and again. Use some antiseptic soap to wash your hands.
3.) Do Not Share to Get Rid of Stye
Eye stye is highly contagious in nature. It can be easily spread from one person to another. Avoid sharing towel and other such products with the person who is suffering with eye stye. And, in case you have eye stye, wash your hands properly before shaking hands with others.
4.) Be Careful with Contact Lenses to Get Rid of Stye
You need to be really careful while wearing contact lenses. Wearing contact lenses means touching your eyes again and again. The first and the foremost that you should remember while wearing contact lenses is that you should wash your hands again and again. The contact lenses may themselves cause eye stye. Therefore, you need to be careful while using it. Wash it every time with the solution before using it.
- You should completely avoid wearing contact lenses when you have eye stye. It will transfer the bacteria from the eyes to the lenses.
- So not wear the lenses overnight. It can be really harmful for your eyes.
5.) Be Careful with Makeup to Get Rid of Stye
You should also try to be careful while applying makeup, specially the eye makeup. Apply eye shadow above your lash line and limit it to there only.
- Change your makeup applicants like brushes and pencils frequently.
- Do not wear makeup before going to bed and never leave it overnight. Always clean your makeup befor going to bed.
Avoid sharing your makeup products, especially if the person is suffering with eye stye.