This article is about ways to get rid of stretch marks. Stretch marks are the marks on the skin that are result of a sudden weight gain. When one gains sudden weight then the skin of the person stretches. This results in sudden weight gain. Mostly women go through the problem of stretch marks as they gain weight during puberty and pregnancy. More than 90 per cent of pregnant women have stretch marks near the abdomen area. Stretch marks generally occur near abdomen, hips and thighs. It can affect other body parts as well. Stretch marks are hard to treat and they can easily cost you a lot of money.
Luckily, there are several remedies that you can go for in order to get rid of stretch marks fast at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best way to treat stretch marks. Read the article to know more about the stretch marks and remedies for stretch marks.
Causes of Stretch Marks:
Basically, rapid weight gain is the main reason for stretch marks. As the name suggests, it is basically the stretching of the skin. Well, there are various other factors that can cause stretch marks. Various factors causing stretch marks are:
- Stretching of skin during pregnancy.
- Sudden weight gain on arm and thighs.
- Use of certain medications and pills.
- Hormonal changes that take place during puberty.
- Genetic disorder
- Muscle build up
Remedies to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
Stretch marks are the ugly marks that can be really uncomforting if on visible areas. They can even confine you to some particular dresses that you won’t like for sure. You might have different ointments enriched with chemicals. These ointments have less effect while they can even leave your skin darkened. The good thing is that there are several remedies that you can go for in order to remove stretch marks fast and naturally. These remedies are easily available and you can find some of them in your kitchen as well. Here we are going to discuss some of the best remedies for stretch remarks removal that you can easily try at home. You just have to be regular while using these remedies and you will get the results soon. We will be discussing different remedies for stretch marks removal and you can choose that suit you well.
1.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
When we talk about remedy for different skin treatment then we can surely take the name Aloe Vera gel. This has been used to fade away different scars and spots and it can also be used to get rid of stretch marks easily. Aloe Vera gel is high in properties that help fade the stretch marks. You can use it two different ways:
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into two.
- Extract the gel and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes and then wash off the area with normal water.
- Take a cup and fill it one-fourth with Aloe Vera gel.
- Add oil from ten capsules of vitamin E and five capsules of vitamin A.
- Mix it well and apply on the affected area.
- Massage the affected area with this prepared mixture, until the skin absorbs it completely.
2.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Castor oil is the one that has been used to treat a number of skin related problems. It is highly effective on wrinkles, dark spots, age spots, fine lines, moles and pimples. You can also use it to get rid of stretch marks fast and naturally. Using it is simple and easy. What you have to do is:
- Take some castor oil in bowl and use this oil to massage the area affected with stretch marks.
- Message the area gently for fifteen minutes.
- Wrap the massaged area with a thin cotton cloth and apply heat using a heating pad.
- Do it daily for a few minutes and you will notice the difference within a month.
3.) Egg Whites to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Egg whites are among the most effective remedies for stretch marks removal. They are high in protein and amino acid and thus help you with the purpose. Egg whites help tighten the skin, improving the elasticity of the skin. It prevents the tearing and cracking of skin and thus you can deal with stretch marks effectively.
- Whisk two eggs in a bowl and separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- Discard the yolk part and beat the egg whites with a fork.
- After cleaning the affected area with water, apply a thick sheet of egg whites on the affected area with the help of a brush.
- Let the egg whites dry completely and then wash the area with cold water.
- Now apply some olive oil to keep your skin moisturized.
- To get the desired results, repeat this process for at least two weeks.
4.) Lemon to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and thus has been really effective at treating various spots and marks. It can prove to be high effective at treating stretch marks as well. As lemon juice is acidic nature, it will help fade the stretch marks fast. You can use it in two different ways. First one is to just rub the fresh lemon on the affected area in a circular motion. Let the skin soak the juice completely for a few minutes and then rinse the area with warm water. What else you can do is:
- Extract in a bowl some juice from cucumber by grating it.
- Add equal amount of lemon juice and mix well.
- Let the skin soak the juice for some times and then wash the affected area.
5.) White Sugar to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
You can also go for white sugar in order to fade away the stretch marks. White sugar have the properties that would help fade away the stretch marks. Sugar exfoliates your skin and thus helps you remove stretch marks completely. Follow the given steps to use white sugar to treat stretch marks:
- Take a tablespoon of white sugar in a bowl and a few drops of almond oil and lemon juice to it.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely and then apply it on the affected area.
- Use the mixture to massage your skin and then remove it by taking a shower.
- Repeat the process regular for a month to get the best results.
6.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Cocoa butter is also one of the most effective remedies for stretch marks removal. This remedy is a natural moisturizer and thus does not allow your skin to tear and crack. It nourishes your skin and helps fade away the scars slowly. You can simply massage the affected area with cocoa butter twice a day. or you can go for other way as well. What you have to do is:
- Take half cup of cocoa butter in a bowl and one tablespoon of wheat germ oil to it.
- Add two teaspoons of grated beeswax to it.
- Also add one teaspoon of vitamin E oil and same amount of apricot kernel.
- Bring this mixture to heat and heat till the beeswax melts completely.
- Allow it to cool and use this mixture to message the area affected with stretch marks.
- Use it three times a day for best results.
- This will help your skin, moisturized, smooth and hydrated for long.
7.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Olive Oil is also high in properties that help you get rid of stretch marks fast and naturally. This oil helps you get rid of various skin problems including stretch marks. It is high in vitamin A, D and E and thus help reduce the stretch marks. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Massage the affected area with olive oil.
- It will improve the blood circulation which will help reduce the stretch marks fast.
- Allow your skin to absorb this oil for half an hour and then wash off.
- It will keep your skin hydrated and will also exfoliate it.
8.) Potato to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Potato also has bleaching properties and thus it has been used to treat a number of skin problems. You can use it to reduce stretch marks fast at home. There is a proper way to use it. What you have to do is:
- Take a medium size potato and cut into thick slices.
- Use this slice to rub it on the affected area for a few minutes.
- You have to massage the area with the starch.
- Let the juice to dry on its own and then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy on a regular basis to get the positive results.
9.) Alfalfa Leaves to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
You can also go for alfalfa leaves to get the best results. These leaves are the combination of eight essential amino acids and thus are very much beneficial. Being high in Vitamin E and K, it helps in nourishing your skin deeply. You can go for following ways to use it:
- Take some alfalfa leaves powder in a bowl, add chamomile oil and make a thick paste.
- You have to massage the affected area with the paste at least three times a day.
- Repeat the process daily and you will notice the difference within a week.
10.) Apricots to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
You can also go for apricots in order to treat stretch marks effectively. Apricots are high in properties that help fading away the stretch marks. What you have to do is:
- Cut two apricots and remove the seeds.
- Grind them well to make fines paste.
- Apply it on the stretch marks and leave it for twenty minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process on a daily basis to get the best results.
Some Verified Topical Option to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
We discussed various amazing remedies for stretch marks removal. Well, in case you think that these natural remedies are a taking a lot of time or you just do not want to go for the natural treatments then you can surely go for this verified topical options. There are several of them that can be tried to get rid of stretch marks fast. You can try them without hesitation and you are definitely going to get the positive results. Here are some of the best topical options that you can go try for yourself.
1.) Go for a Moisturizer to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Going for moisturizer is one of the best options that one can go for. a study has shown that people who have gone with herbal lotions for their stretch marks on a regular basis, have successfully lessened stretch marks. It helps improve the elasticity of the skin. This is because of the reason that moisturizer keeps your skin moisturized and when your skin is moisturized and hydrated then there are less chances of it being tearing and cracking. You should apply the lotions focusing the area that are more prone to stretch marks. This will prevent the future occurrence. It might not so effective on the fresh stretch marks but you cannot doubt its effectiveness. In place of moisturizer, you can also go for germ oil, Aloe Vera and olive oil.
2.) Try Natrula to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
You can also go for one of the most effective creams for stretch marks removal and that is natrula. This is cream is recognized by FDA and thus you can trust it with no doubt. It contains natural essential oils and vitamins and is thus among the top when it comes at the removal of stretch marks. The basic ingredients that this cream has are Hyaluronic Acid, Centella Asiatica and Thuja Occidentails. These ingredients have proven to be most effective ones among the various ingredients for stretch marks removal. This helps lighten the appearance of stretch marks within two weeks. The complete treatment can take up to two months.
Note: A pregnant or nursing women should avoid using the cream that has the ingredient Thuja Occidentails.
3.) Ratin-A to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
In order to get rid of new stretch marks, you can definitely go for Ratin-A. A study has shown that Ratin-A works great on stretch marks, especially the new ones. This help in removal of stretch marks by boosting the production of collagen. This helps avoid stretching and tearing of skin. But, the bad part about this product is that it is not effective on old stretch marks. Also, you need doctor’s prescription for this product. And, you have to limit the exposure to the sun of the part that you are treating with this chemical.
Note: A pregnant women should avoid this and similar products.
4.) Glycolic Acid to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
This is also one of the most effective ways that you can go for in order to get rid of stretch marks fast at home. Glycolic acid helps the production of collagen in the skin and thus the skin becomes more elastic and less prone to stretch marks. The best part about this ingredient is that it is safe to be used during pregnancy. But, you have to take extra care of the part that you are treating with this chemical. Make sure that the part that you are treating with this chemical is less exposed to sun. You can consult your dermatologist for a stronger dose.
5.) Vitamin E Oil to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Vitamin E oil can also be used as one of the most effective remedies for stretch marks removal. This is a very effective oil for stretch marks removal, but studies have shown that it is effective on the women who have been pregnant before. In general use, they have not been much effective. Still, if taken in moderate doses, it can have remarkable effects. Try using this oil with some carrier oil for better results.
We discussed different remedies for stretch marks removal. These remedies will surely help you get rid of those ugly looking stretch marks. But, there are other ways as well that you can follow to treat and prevent stretch marks.
- Do some physical exercises. Yoga is the best among all that you can go for. Whatever you are going for, do that at regular basis.
- Increase the consumption of foods high in vitamin C, zinc and protein. Also, you should go for green salads, fish, milk, citrus rich fruits and nut. These foods can prove to be great for removal of stretch marks.
- Often, pregnant women go for chemical rich creams for stretch marks removal. Well, they should not do that.
- It might result in darkening of skin.
- You should never scratch the affected area.
- Always keep your skin Moisturized.