This article is about ways to get rid of flies. Flies are the tiny but annoying insects that infest your home in search of food. They are attracted towards the food in the house. They can easily enter your house through open windows but they do not seem to go away easily. But, it is very important to get rid of flies as they sit on your food and contaminate it. They are born out of filthy places and thus there are great chances that they carry diseases with them. When you eat the food that is contaminated by fleas then there are increased chances of spread of diseases. Thus it is better to make these flies stay away from your house.
There are different ways that would help your keep these flies away from your house. These ways are simple and you need not pay any special efforts in getting rid of them. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best methods to get rid of flies fast. Read the article and learn the best ways to avoid flies.
Get Rid of Flies with Homemade Traps and Remedies:
Let’s us start with discussing some of the best homemade traps and remedies to get rid of flies naturally at home. There are a number of ways that one can go for and get rid of these unwanted fleas in the house. You can make different flea traps or remedies that would help you avoid fleas in the house. You can easily make these remedies and traps and the ingredients used are also easily available.
1.) The Vodka Based Repellent to Get Rid of Flies
You can easily prepare a repellent prepared with vodka and keep these flies away from your house. Flies cannot stand the smell of vodka and thus they will leave your place. Follow the given steps to make a repellent with vodka:
- Take a cup of vodka and add two teaspoons of Aloe Vera juice to it.
- Add one teaspoon of eucalyptus oil and half teaspoon of essential oil blend.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray it around the house, paying special attention to the area where you see flies hanging around.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Flies
You can also go for apple cider vinegar to make perfect repellents for flies. The benefits of apple cider vinegar are unknown to known. This benefit of repelling flies also adds to the bucket of apple cider vinegar benefits. You can follow the following ways to use it:
- In a bowl, add one-fourth cup of apple cider vinegar and equal amount of witch hazel.
- Also add around 60 drops of eucalyptus oil to it.
- Mix it will and pour it in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution around the house.
3.) Milk and Sugar Trap to Get Rid of Flies
You can also go for a sugar and milk trap and get rid of flies in the house. This time has the potential to do wonders and you will be able to avoid flies in the house. This trap has been used for a very long time. What you have to do is follow the given steps to use it:
- In a pan, boil one-fourth liters of milk.
- Add three teaspoons of sugar and one tablespoon of black pepper.
- Steep the solution for ten minutes.
- Remove it from heat and pour the solution in a shallow bowl.
- Keep the bowl near to the area where fleas are active.
- Flies, especially the fruit flies, will be attracted towards the solution and they will be trapped.
- They will suffocate to death.
4.) Camphor Smoke to Get Rid of Flies
There are smokes and smell that these flies cannot spend at all. Generally, flies hate smoke, but when the smoke is from a piece of camphor, these flies cannot stand them at all. They become doubly irritating for flies and they want to leave the place as soon as possible. What you have to do is light a piece of camphor and spread the smoke around the house. You can also light a citronella candle. As soon as you bring the smoke to the place that is infested with flies, they will try to vacant the place and would try to fly away.
5.) Sugar and Water Trap to Get Rid of Flies
You can also make a sugar and water trap to avoid flies in the souse. You can easily make it home with simple remedies. What you have to do is:
- Take a wide mouthed jar and pour some water in it.
- Add some sugar to it and mix well.
- Make a paper cone and make a whole at the end of the cone.
- Place the cone in upside down in the jar.
- Flies will be attracted towards the sweet smell of the solution. They will enter in the jar through cone and will fall into the water and thus they will die.
- You will have to place the jar for a few hours near the infected area.
6.) Malt Vinegar to Get Rid of Flies
You can also go for malt vinegar in order to get rid of insects from the house. It is highly effective on flies. When the malt vinegar is boiled, flies can stand the smell of the vinegar and they will chose to leave the place. What you can do is:
- Take a pan that has a thick base.
- Pour some malt vinegar in it and start heating the pot.
- When the malt vinegar is boiling, you can also take it different places in the house when these fleas are more common.
Note: You have to be very attentive while following the method. Make sure that the vinegar does not get burnt. If so happens, it will start to stink.
7.) Soap Water Trap to Get Rid of Flies
You can also go for the soap water trap when wants to get rid of insects and fleas from the house as most of them contain borax. This is one of the easiest ways of removing flies from the house. You can follow the given steps to use it:
- Take two cups of warm water and add 7-10 drops of dish soap to it.
- Mix it well and pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Use the solution to spray directly on the fleas. They will die instantly.
8.) Darken the Room to Get Rid of Flies
Flies and insects are mostly attracted towards the light, thus you can also try this way. This is supposed to be done in day time. What you have to do is darken the room that is infested with flies and leave the windows open. Flies will run towards the light and they will fly away.
Other Methods to Get Rid of Flies:
Flies are highly irritating and the worst part is that they carry different diseases with them. They can enter your through windows, doors and even through ventilators. Here we are going to discuss some of the best methods that would help your kill flies and get rid of them completely. You just have to try these simple methods and you will be able to avoid these fleas.
1.) Remove the Attractions to Get Rid of Flies
The best way to get rid of fleas in the house is to keep you kitchen clean by removing all the sources of food in your house. Flies hang around in your house in search of food. So, the basic thing that you should do is keep the food sources covered always.
- If you have cooked something in your meal then do not leave it uncovered. Keep it covered always. Especially the sweet items like cookies, cut fruit, cakes etc.
- If there are some leftover foods in the house then pack it and throw away from the home. Do not throw into the dustbin inside the house.
- Do not allow any leftover to get collected in the sink.
- Wash the dishes immediately after using.
2.) Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) to Get Rid of Flies
If you are expecting some guests at home and you want to get rid of flies as soon as possible then you can definitely go with the insect growth regulator. This is one of the best biological methods used to put an end to fly infestation. It is chemically manufactured hormones that interfere with the lifecycle of insect. IGR can be used to get rid of other insects as well. It can be highly effective at killing fruit flies, drain flies, fleas and gnats. In case you want to get rid of flies immediately, go for this method.
3.) Control the Room Temperature to Get Rid of Flies
The room temperature also plays an important role in the existence of flies in your house. If you are able to control the room temperature in your house then you can easily get rid of these flies without much efforts. Flies love hot weather. But they can neither stand too much hot environment nor too much cold environment. Flies do not like temperature above 100 F (38 degree Celsius). They will die if the temperature is raised to 116 F (47 degree Celsius).
- Also, you can bring down the temperature 44 F (7 degree celsius).
4.) Flyswatter to Get Rid of Flies
You can also go for the fly swatter in order to get rid of flies fast. If your hose a lot of ventilation and windows and it is more prone to flies then you can definitely buy a flyswatter. It is light weighted sweater that you can keep it in your house and use whenever you want. This is a badminton racket shaped equipment that kill the flies immediately. This can be used effectively as it does not spare any single fly. You can go for the electronic handled fly sweater as well.
5.) Fly Vacuum to Get Rid of Flies
This is also one of the most fantastic ways to avoid flies in the house. What you have to do is use fly vacuum to get the flies hanging around in your house. It works same as a normal vacuum cleaner. Like the way the vacuum cleaner pulls the dirt into the bag, same way fly vacuum pulls the flies into the bag. This is one of the easiest and the quickest ways to remove flies from the house.
6.) Electronic Fly Zapper to Get Rid of Flies
You can also go for electronic fly zapper in order to get rid of these unwanted flies in the house. This is one of the fasted ways to be chosen for the purpose. It is basically an electrical discharge insect control system. This device is made to lure the flies and other insects and it attracts them towards itself. As soon as the insects come in contact of the light, it zaps it. It is the UV lights that kill the flies. It attracts the flying insects towards it and kills it. The insect gets killed and falls on the plate. You can clean the plate afterwards. It also has a protective guard on it as a protection guard to prevent people from making unnecessary contact with pets and people.
7.) Hair Spray to Get Rid of Flies
You can also use hair spray to kill flies. It is one of the finest ways to kill flies that keep hanging around your hair. You have to use the same spray that you use to spray on your hair. When you apply spray on your hair, it stiffens you hair. Now, you can easily imagine that what it can do to the flies. It is somewhat sticky in nature. It would pack the wings of the flies and they will succumb to death.
8.) UV Electric Traps to Get Rid of Flies
This is somewhat like the electrical zapper. It attracts the fleas and the other insects towards to it and it kills them with the UV rays. You can use them with any of the standard AC outlet. These traps have 2-25 Watt of UV light lamps that have the potential to attract flies that are within 600-1800 square feet area. Once the flies come in contact with the light, they try to be more close to it and thus they are attacked by the UV rays. It is for indoor use only.