This article is about ways to get rid of cramps. Cramps are something that can be really painful and annoying. Cramps can be result of anything. Athletes and sports persons are mostly affected with cramps. Cramps are result of some excessive physical activities. Well, there are other reasons as well that lead to cramps. There are various types of cramps such as thigh cramps, leg cramps and muscle cramps. Thigh cramps and leg cramps are the same kind as they are the muscle cramps while the menstrual cramps are different from the two. As the cramps differ, so differ their remedies. Especially the menstrual cramps remedies are different from all.
All types of cramps are highly irritating and they can make you restless and irrigated. Menstrual cramps can even give you sleepless nights. Well, no matter what type of cramps you are suffering with, you can treat all types at home easily. There are different remedies that one can go for in order to treat cramps naturally at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the remedies that would help you cure cramps. You can go for the ones that suit you and you will be able to get rid of this problem fast. Read the article and learn about the best remedies to heal cramps fast at home.
Methods to Get Rid of Cramps (Muscle Cramps):
Cramps are really painful and can also take time to go. Well, there different remedies that you can use and get rid of these cramps fast and naturally at home. Here are some of the methods and remedies that can be used easily and effectively against the muscle cramps. You can follow these methods and remedies and you will be able to get rid of all type of cramps. You do not have to run to the doctor in order to treat cramps. Try these simple remedies and get back to your previous routine.
1.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Cramps
Epsom salt is one of the most effective remedies for cramps treatment. It has the properties that relax muscles and it is also contains healing power. It is simple to use. Follow the given methods to use it:
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to a bath tub filled with warm water.
- Stir it well and soak yourself in the water for twenty minutes.
- Single bath can be sufficient to treat the problem.
- In the case it doesn’t work, take a bath another day.
Note: This method should be avoided by people suffering with diabetes and high blood pressure.
2.) Cold Compress to Get Rid of Cramps
It is one of the finest ways to be used to treat cramps. Cold compress is highly effective on sore muscles. It numbs the pain and is also helpful in reducing the inflammation. When the cram is gone, it leaves behind constricted blood vessels. Cold compress is very effective in providing relief from the all these. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap them in a cotton cloth.
- Now use this cloth to give cold compress to the affected area.
- It will provide you immediate effects.
- You can take a cold shower. This is the simplest way to get rid of cramps at home.
3.) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Cramps
You can also go for clove oil in order to get rid of muscle cramps. This oil is highly effective at reducing swelling. It is also high in anti-inflammatory properties. Also, it possesses anesthetic properties that help with the pain. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Heat some clove oil in microwave.
- Rub it on the affected area.
- Go hard on the affected area and try some firm strokes while massaging it.
- You can also repeat the process if required.
4.) Blackstrap Molasses to Get Rid of Cramps
This is also an amazing remedy for cramps treatment. Deficiency of calcium and potassium might also be a reason behind the cramps. In that case, you can definitely go for this method. Black molasses are high in calcium and thus they help in getting rid of the problem fast. It is also helpful in preventing cramps. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of warm milk and add one tablespoon of black molasses to it.
- Mix it well and drink it.
- You will be relieved within a few minutes of drinking it.
- You can drink it once more if required.
5.) Yellow Mustard to Get Rid of Cramps
This is also one of the most amazing and effective remedies for cramps treatment. Yellow mustard is effective at treating any kind of pain and cramps. With this remedy, you can treat the cramps in minutes. It contains acetic acid and this is acid is considered to heal cramps. Acetic acid promotes the production of acetylcholine in the body. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter which helps in prompting muscles to work. This will treat the pain and soreness fast. What you have to do is:
- Swallow a teaspoon of mustard oil.
- Follow it by a glass of warm milk.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Cramps
You can also go for apple cider vinegar in order to treat cramps fast and naturally at home. Apple cider has a number of benefits. It is widely used for weight loss and skin care. It can also be used to cure cramps. Potassium deficiency is one of the major reasons for cramps. It is high in potassium that helps with the purpose. You should go for the raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It helps relieve cramps and sore muscles. Along with that, apple cider vinegar is packed with nutrients that help a control the fluid balance in the body and thus, it will prevent dehydration. You can use it in two different ways:
- Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Mix it well and drink.
- Drink it daily to prevent cramps.
- Take half glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add one teaspoon of honey and one tablespoon of calcium lactate to it.
- Drink this solution half an hour before going to bed.
7.) Rosemary to Get Rid of Cramps
You can also go for rosemary leaves in order to cure cramps naturally at home. It is high in anti-inflammatory properties that do a lot in calming the inflamed muscle tissues. It also reduces soreness and pain. The warming effects of rosemary promote relaxation. As rosemary is easily absorbed by the skin, it also speeds up the healing process. You can try any of the two ways given below:
- Take one pint jar and an ounce of rosemary leaves to it.
- Fill the jar with boiling water.
- Cover it and steep for half an hour.
- Soak a cloth in this warm solution and apply on the affected area for 15 minutes.
- When the pain is relieved, follow it with a cold compress.
- Boil a cup of water and two teaspoons of dried rosemary leaves to it.
- Steep for about ten minutes, strain it and drink this tea three times a day for best results.
8.) Drink Fluids to Get Rid of Cramps
You should also increase the consumption of fluid in order to heal cramps. Drink two glasses of water immediately you experience the cramps. Keep drinking water throughout the day in order to prevent cramping. If you are tens to get the muscle cramps during exercises, you should drink enough water two hours before workout. Also, while you are exercising, keep drinking water at regular intervals. Along with drinking water, you can also try some fruit of vegetable juice. This will prevent your body from dehydration and when your body is properly hydrated, you will have no cramps.
9.) Massage to Get Rid of Cramps
This is also an amazing way to get rid of muscles cramps fast and naturally. What you have to do is massage the affected area with your hands. It helps in easing the soreness of the muscles. It treats the stiffness as well. While you are massaging the area, try long strokes on the affected area. When you are done massaging, wrap a warm towel around the area.
You can also try the mixture of wintergreen oil and four parts of vegetable oil. The wintergreen oil contains methyl salicylate which helps in relieving pain. Along with that, it also stimulates blood flow.
10.) Stretching to Get Rid of Cramps
You can also go for stretching exercises in order to get rid of muscle cramps fast and naturally at home. It helps in relieving the pain and the soreness immediately. You can try some mild and static stretch. Do it for thirty seconds for best at one time. Also, rub the area gently to relax the muscles. In place of trying the stretching exercises, you can also go for swimming. Swimming helps in stretching muscles. It helps ease soreness and reduces pain. Along with that, swimming in cold water helps with inflammation and pain. Additional benefit of swimming is weight loss.
Ways to Get Rid of Cramps (Girls):
In the above part, we discussed various ways to treat muscle cramps. Now, let us discuss some of the remedies to treat menstrual cramps. Menstrual cramp is a very common problem among women. But, it is really very annoying. If you also suffer with these cramps every month, you can try different remedies that we are going to discuss.
1.) Hot Compress to Get Rid of Cramps
Hot compress is one of the finest ways to get rid of menstrual cramps. It relaxes the contracted muscles and relieves you from the problem fast. You can follow the two different ways to go for the cold compress. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a heating pad and place on your stomach.
- You can also place it on your lower back.
- If you do not have the heating pad, you can also go for the regular plastic bottle filled with warm water.
- Soak a towel in water, wring out the extra water and heat it in microwave for one minute.
- Keep it on the abdomen area.
2.) Basil Leaves to Get Rid of Cramps
You can also go for basil leaves to treat menstrual cramps. It contains caffeic acid that helps with the problem. What you have to do is:
- Take a cup of boiling water and add a tablespoon of basil leaves to it.
- Remove it from heat and allow it to cool.
- Drink this solution at regular intervals.
- It will ease the pain.
3.) Ginger to Get Rid of Cramps
It is also one of the most effective remedies for menstrual cramps treats. It helps a lot in lowering down the level of pain-causing prostaglandins. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of crushed ginger to it.
- Strain it and add a teaspoon of honey to sweeten.
- You can also add a half lemon juice for improved flavors.
- Drink this tea at least three times a day for best results.
4.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Cramps
This tea is high in antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties that help a lot in relaxing uterus. Thus, it helps in relieving the pain immediately. What you have to do is:
- Put some chamomile tea in cup.
- Pour some hot water on it and cover it with a lid.
- Let it steep for ten minutes.
- Strain it and drink it.
- Start to drink it a week before your periods.
5.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Cramps
You can also try cinnamon in order to cure menstrual cramps. It is high in ant clotting, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties that help a lot in reducing the pain. It is an excellent source of dietary fiber, iron, manganese and calcium. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it.
- Mix it well and also add a teaspoon of honey to sweeten it.
- Drink it thrice a day one the first of your periods and you will get relief.