This article is about ways to get rid of a headache. Headache is a problem that can hit you anywhere any time. It is a very common condition that affects almost everyone. People of all age suffer with the problem. Though it is a very common condition, sometimes it can be highly irritating and painful. The causes of headache vary from person to person. From a minor health issue, headache can be a reason to a major health condition. Well, in most of the cases, headache is simply a minor issue that does not have much to worry about. Over the counter pills for headache are easily available at stores and they do not require any prescription. But, there are some other ways as well that you can go for in order to treat headache well at home.
There are a number of home remedies that one can go for in order to treat headache. Taking over the counter pills help you get relieve the problem instantly but trying the home remedies have long lasting effects. Natural remedies should be preferred over the drugs as they might take time to heal the pain but their effects are long lasting. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best remedies for headache treatment. You just have to follow these remedies whenever you have the headache and you will be able to treat it fast. Read the article and learn about the best ways to get rid of headache.
Causes of Headache:
Headache is not a problem in itself. In fact it is the symptom of many problems. There are different causes of headache that can wary from a minor to major. Different causes for headache are:
- Too much exposure to sun
- Some allergy
- Skipping meals
- Lack of sleep
- Poor body posture
- Alcohol consumption
- Change in season
- Deficiency of nutrients
- Pungent smell
- Hormonal changes
- Using accessories light tight headbands
- Having something cold
Remedies to Get Rid of Headache:
Headache is not a major issue and thus it can be treated nicely at home. You need not spend a penny on the treatment of the problem. You can try different remedies and treat headache naturally at home. These remedies are simple and have long lasting effects. These remedies are easily available and you can also make something good from the ingredients available. The other benefits of going for these remedies are that they do not have any side effects and they can treat other problems as well.
1.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of a Headache
Ice pack is one of the most primitive remedies for headache treatment. It has the potential to treat headaches caused due to different reasons. It works by shrinking the blood vessels. It also numbs the nerves and improves the circulation in that area. This remedy is basically for the treatment of headache caused due to sinus or stress. What you can do is place an ice pack on your head. In case you do not have ice pack, follow the given ways:
- Take a cotton cloth and wrap four ice cubes in it.
- Apply on the affected area and leave for some time.
- Repeat it and you will get the positive results soon.
- You can also place a clean wet cloth on your head.
- Cloth should be dipped in cold water.
- Repeat the process for ten minutes for best results.
2.) Lemon to Get Rid of a Headache
Lemon is also one of the most amazing remedies for headache treatment. It is a really powerful ingredient that one can try and get rid of headache fast and naturally. This ingredient is really relaxing and refreshing. Along with that it also helps in maintaining acid-alkaline balance in the morning.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water and add half lemon juice to it.
- Drink this juice whenever you have headache.
- This amazing remedy if the headache is a result of gas.
- You can also prepare a paste with lemon crusts.
- Apply this paste on your forehead and it will relieve pain immediately.
3.) Apple to Get Rid of a Headache
An apple a day keeps doctor away. It can also be used to heal headache. Apple is another amazing remedy that you can try to treat headache. It helps in restoring the acid-alkaline balance in the body. The simplest way to use apple to cure headache is by smelling the fumes of green apple. It helps with the migraine headache.
- What you have to do is consume one apple first thing in the morning.
- You should sprinkle salt on it.
- Drink some water after that.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Headache
After apple, you can also try apple cider vinegar to cure headache. It is one of the most amazing remedies for headache treatment. You can use it in two different ways:
- Boil a pan of water and add three to four tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Bring it to the table and inhale the steam.
- Dab you head with towel to inhale maximum steam.
- Inhale for 15 minutes and treat headache soon.
- Take a glass of water and add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice to it.
- Drink it thrice a day for best results.
5.) Peppermint to Get Rid of a Headache
Peppermint is known to have soothing properties that help a lot in treating headache. You can use it in different ways to get best results. The simplest way to use it is by applying peppermint oil on the temples. Also apply it on jaw, neck and back. It will provide you instant relief from the pain. You can also use it in two other ways:
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves to it.
- Cover it with a lid and steep it for ten minutes.
- Strain it and drink it.
- Drink it when you have headache.
- You can also inhale the aroma of the peppermint.
- Boil a pan of water and add some peppermint leaves to it.
- Bring the pan to the table.
- Take your face over the pan and dab your head with a towel.
- It will treat vomiting as well.
6.) Hot Water to Get Rid of a Headache
You can also go for hot water in order to treat headache. This is one the best remedies if the headache is caused due to stress. It relaxes the tense muscle and thus heals the throbbing pain. You can simply apple some water on the back of your neck or you can also enjoy a steamy shower. You can use it in two other ways as well:
- In case you are suffering with chronic headache, just soak your legs in bucket of hot water.
- Relax for ten minutes.
- Do it daily before going to bed for best results.
- Fill the tub with hot water. Make sure that the water is as hot as you can stand.
- Put your hands in water for fifteen minutes.
- It will improve the blood circulation.
- It will give you relief quickly.
7.) Eucalyptus Oil to Get Rid of a Headache
You can also go for eucalyptus oil in order to cure headache. This is also one of the most excellent remedies for headache treatment. It is high in anti-inflammatory properties and pain relieving contents that do a lot in relieving pain. It relaxes the tense muscles and thus helps reduce pain. What you have to do is apply eucalyptus on your forehead and temples for twenty minutes. You will get relief from the problem.
8.) Ginger to Get Rid of a Headache
You can also go for ginger in order treat headache fast. It is high in anti-inflammatory properties that help a lot in treating headache. It is useful in relaxing the blood vessels in the head and thus cure the pain. It reduces swelling and also activates natural opiates in the brain. All this helps in reducing the pain. You have to drink ginger tea thrice a day for best results. It will reduce inflammation and will alleviate pain. To prepare the tea:
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add an inch of freshly crushed ginger to it.
- Boil it for some time, strain it and drink.
- You can also add honey to taste.
9.) Water to Get Rid of a Headache
You should also increase the consumption of water as much as you can. Increase the recommended limit of three liters. You can also consume more liquid. You can go for juices or you can also try some sports drink. It is high in electrolyte that is great for treating headache.
10.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of a Headache
Yes, this is also one of the most wonderful remedies for headache treatment. This remedy is great if the headache is caused due to exposure to cold. What you have to do is:
- Grind some cinnamon sticks to powder.
- Mix enough water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the forehead and temples and leave for half an hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
11.) Basil to Get Rid of a Headache
Basil has medicinal properties that help a lot in treating a number of health related issues. You can use it to treat headache as well. It is beneficial for any type of headache you are suffering with. What you have to do is prepare tea with basil leaves and drink. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and add a few leaves of fresh basil leaves to it.
- Boil it for some time and then strain it and drink it.
- You can simply chew a few basil leaves whenever you experience headache.
- It will provide instant relief.
12.) Cloves to Get Rid of a Headache
Clovers are also counted among the best remedies for headache treatment. This is an amazing remedy if the headache is a result of stress and tension. You can simply rub some crushed cloves on your forehead. For additional benefits, you can also add salt to it. Mix the two ingredients well and apply on the fore head. This is one of the finest ways to use to heal headache. Well, you can also use it as an inhaler if you want. What you have to do is:
- Crush some clover well and wrap in a piece of cloth.
- Smell the fumes of the cloves.
- It will provide you instant relief from the problem.
13.) Green Tea to Get Rid of a Headache
Green tea has a number of benefits. It is highly effective at treating different health related issues. It is high in anti-oxidants that help take care of overall health. Green tea is widely known for weight but it can also be used to treat other health issue like headaches. What you have to do is consume a cup of green tea whenever you suffer with daily. Drinking it daily will help prevent headache from occurring again and again. Additionally, it is great for your skin as well.
14.) Rosemary to Get Rid of a Headache
This is also one of the most wonderful remedies for headache treatment. It is high in properties that help alleviate the pain. You can use it in different ways. The simplest way to use it is by applying the rosemary oil on the forehead. You can also drink rosemary leaves tea to get relief from the pain. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and a few fresh leaves of rosemary.
- Cover it with a lid and steep for some time.
- Boil it well, strain it and drink it.
- It will provide you instant relief.
15.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of a Headache
Lavender oil is also one of the most wonderful remedies for headache treatment. It is high in properties that work as relaxant. You can simply rub some lavender oil on your forehead and temples when you are suffering with pain. Or, what else you can do is inhale fumes of lavender oil. What you have to do is:
- Boil a pan of water and add a few drops of lavender oil to it.
- Boil it for some time and then take the pan to the table.
- Take your head over the pan and inhale the fumes.
- Dab your head with towel to inhale maximum amount of fume.
Lifestyle Changes to Get Rid of a Headache:
In the above part of the article we discussed different remedies for headache treatment. Now we are going to discuss some of the important lifestyle changes that one should follow in order to treat headache. Lifestyle plays a very important role in maintain the overall health of your body. A goof lifestyle can give you a healthy body while a bad one can really give your different health problems. Thus we are going to discuss some of the lifestyle changes that would surely help with the headache. These changes not only help cure headache but they are also great at prevent headache from occurring over and over again.
1.) Get Proper Sleep to Get Rid of a Headache
Getting a proper should be your first priority in order to get a healthy body and mind. Moreover, lack of sleep is one of the major causes of headache. You should get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every day. When you are asleep, your body takes a proper rest. When you take a proper sleep, the nerves are relaxed and thus you do not have headache or other problems.
2.) Go for a Morning Walk to Get Rid of a Headache
Your body needs to be fit and fine in order to deal with different health issues. They best way to do is by going for a morning walk. The modern life is being confined to a chair. Your body needs some movement in order to be fit and healthy and thus you should go for a morning walk.
3.) Avoid Smoking to Get Rid of a Headache
Smoking is also one of main causes of headache. Smoking can cause cluster headache that is one of the most painful types of headache. So, you should avoid smoking as soon as possible and cure headache.
You can read the article how to quit smoking to learn different ways to stop smoking.
4.) Avoid Alcohol to Get Rid of a Headache
Alcohol causes a number of health related issues and the headache is one of them. Alcohol is also responsible for cluster headache. Along with that, it can cause hangover and it also lead to headache. So, avoid alcohol and treat headache.
5.) Try Yoga to Get Rid of a Headache
Yoga is also one of the most amazing ways to cure and prevent headache. Stress is another main cause of headache. You can stay away from the headache caused due to stress by trying yoga. Yoga is one of the best ways to stay away from stress. Try yoga and stay away from headache caused due to stress.