This article is about ways to get rid of a cold. Cold is a very common problem that people face. Many times, it is not a problem, it is the symptom of many problems. No matter what, cold is highly irrigating and annoying. It can disturb your day and can also affect your nights badly. Cold is often by symptoms like headache, that make the condition worse. Cold is caused by the invasion of the foreign elements that lead to the nasal blockage. You want to clear the nasal passage in order to get rid of cold.
There are many ways that you can clear you nose and get rid of the problem fast and naturally. Here in this article, we are going to discuss different ways that will help your cure cold. These remedies are simple and you just have to try them by heart and you will be successful in healing the problem. Read the article and learn different ways to get rid of a cold.
Causes of Cold:
A cold is mainly caused due to virus. But as it is a communicable, as it is communicable in nature, it can be easily transferred to you by coming in close contact with the infected person. It involves shaking hand with the person and using the towels, utensils and other objects with the person.
Symptoms of Cold:
Cold is not a single problem in itself. There are a number of other problems that follow cold. Here are the symptoms of cold that are needed to be treated well:
- Runny nose
- Stuffy nose
- Nasal congestion
- Chest congestion
- Mild fever
- Constant sneezing
- Body ache
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Harsh voice
- Pain and itching in the nasal passage
- Clogged years
Get Rid of a Cold by Clearing Nose:
Cold is cold due to the blockage of the nasal passage. So, one of the best ways to get rid of cold is by clearing your nose. When you clear your nose, there is no extra mucus and thus you are able to treat cold fast. It reduces headache and symptoms of cold fast and speeds up the healing process. Here are some of the best ways that you can follow and clear your stuffy nose and get rid of cold fast.
1.) Blow it to Get Rid of a Cold
This is one of the oldest ways to clear your nose. This is highly effective in treating cold you are suffering with. When you blow your nose, the mucus is cleared from the nasal passage and thus your nose is no more clogged and stuffy. Once, you have cleared your nose, half of the problems are solved immediately.
- What you have to do is blow your nose gently. Blowing your nose in a harsh way can have adverse impact. It can affect your years and can give your earache. You will definitely not like earache on the top of the headache.
- Also, wash your hands after blowing your nose every time.
2.) Nasal Irrigation to Get Rid of a Cold
Nasal irrigation is anther effective way to clear your nose. It removes the mucus completely and thus helps with the healing process. This is one of the most primitive ways to clear stuffy nose. What you have to do is use a saline solution for the nasal irrigation. You can easily find the neti pot at the drug store. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a bowl of water and add one-quarter teaspoon of salt to it.
- Pour it in the neti pot and use it to irrigate your nose.
- You have to tilt your head at 45 degree while irrigating your nose.
3.) Steamy Shower to Get Rid of a Cold
This is also one of the most effective ways to clear off nasal congestion and treat cold fast. Staking steamy shower provide warmth to your body and thus pushes down the mucus from the nose. What you have to do is stand under a steamy shower and exhale and inhale deeply. This is helps a lot in clearing the congestion. You can simply enjoy a steamy shower and get rid of the problem fast. In case you do not want to go for shower, you can also relax your body in a bath tub filled with warm water. Go for either of the ways and you will be able to clear you nose fast.
4.) Inhaling Steam to Get Rid of a Cold
You can also go for inhaling steam as well. Inhaling steam does the same work as shower. It is for the instant relief. In case you are do not want to take a steamy shower or you are in a hurry but your nose is clogged, you can try inhaling steam. What you have to do is:
- Bowl a bowl of water for a few minutes.
- Bring it to the table and take your head over it.
- Dab your head with a towel and inhale the steam.
- This is will help you get the maximum amount of steam.
- You can also add a few drops of essential oils to the water to get additional benefits.
5.) Humidifier to Get Rid of a Cold
You can also get your home a humidifier in case you are too much irritated with the problem of you are prone to it. If the air of the room is too much dry, then it can surely affects the condition and can even make the symptoms of cold last longer. Dry air irritates your nasal passage and thus you are not able to heal it fast. So, what you can do is bring a humidifier home and place it in your room. It will make the air moist and thus it will loosen up the mucus.
- You need to clean the humidifier regularly when you are using.
- In case you do not want to spend on the humidifier, you can bowl to bowls of water and allow the stem to travel in your room.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Cold:
In the above part we discussed various immediate solutions to clear you nose. Now, let us discuss some of the best ways that would help you to treat cold. There are different remedies that one try for himself and cure cold fast. There remedies are simple and you can easily try them at home. Cold is the problem that takes time to go. Going for the medicinal ways will also consume time. Thus, going for natural remedies in case of cold is much better. They treat the symptoms of cold well and are pocket friendly as well. Let’s discuss some of the best remedies for cold treatment at home.
1.) Garlic to Get Rid of a Cold
It is high in antibacterial properties that help a lot in speeding up the healing process. Garlic is known to treat a number of health issues as it boosts up the immune system. It opens respiratory system and helps treat the cold. It also flushes out toxins from the body. You can simply chew two garlic cloves daily or best results. You can also prepare syrup for cold. What you have to do is:
- Crush one garlic clove and add two teaspoons of lemon juice to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey and half teaspoon of cayenne pepper to it.
- Consume it daily for best results.
2.) Ginger to Get Rid of a Cold
Ginger is a remedy that is widely known to fight off the symptoms of cold. This is one of the most primitive remedies for cold treatment. It is high in expectorant, antibacterial and antiviral properties that help a lot with cold. What you can do is simply chew half an inch of raw ginger. Or, you can simply enjoy a cup of ginger tea. To prepare a ginger tea:
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of crushed ginger to it.
- Steep it for a few minutes.
- Strain it and add a teaspoon of honey to sweeten it.
- Drink it daily for best results.
3.) Honey to Get Rid of a Cold
Honey is also high in antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help a lot with the cold treatment. This remedy has been used for a very long time to treat cold. What you have to do is simply consume a teaspoon of honey several times a day. Or you can consume it with a teaspoon of lemon juice to get the improved results.
4.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of a Cold
This is a tasty way to treat you cold. Chicken soup is high in properties that soothes respiratory tract and provide you relief from the problem. It is also known well to boost up the immune system. So, as soon as you notice the symptoms of cold, start consuming chicken soup once a day. You should cook it at home. Avoid the packaged once or the ready to cook ones.
5.) Red Onion to Get Rid of a Cold
You can also try a red onion syrup to cure cold fast and naturally. The syrup is easy to make and consume. What you have to do is:
- Slice a red onion well.
- Keep one slice in small jar add a teaspoon of raw honey it.
- Keep repeating till the jar is full.
- Close with a lid and leave for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, you can find a thick paste.
- Consume a teaspoon of it several times a day until you get the desired results.
6.) Spice Tea to Get Rid of a Cold
Spice tea is well known to have to positive effects when fighting off the symptoms of cold. Follow the given steps to prepare spice tea:
- Take quarter cup of coriander seeds, one tablespoon of each fennel seeds and cumin and one quarter teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Dry roast them and grind them to powder.
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of this powder to it.
- Also add half teaspoon of rock candy.
- Simmer it for a few minutes and add some milk to it.
- Boil it well and strain it.
- Drink it twice daily for best results.
7.) Mullein Tea to Get Rid of a Cold
You can also prepare mullein tea and get rid of cold fast and naturally. It is high in expectorant properties that have soothing effects. You have to enjoy the tea and treat cold fast. What you have to do is:
- Put some mullein herb in a cup and pour hot water on it.
- Cover it with a lid and leave it for a few minutes.
- Now strain it and drink it.
8.) Black Pepper to Get Rid of a Cold
Black pepper is one of the best remedies for cold treatment. It is high in properties that help clear the mucus. Using it is simple. What you have to do is just add black pepper to you meal. You can also gargle by adding one teaspoon of black pepper to a glass of water.
9.) Plenty of Sleep to Get Rid of a Cold
You should definitely take eight hours of sleep daily. Your body requires complete rest. It requires more rest when you are suffering with suffering with any problem. It boosts up your immune system and help you fight of the symptoms of cold.
10.) Increase Consuming Fluids to Get Rid of a Cold
Increasing the consumption of fluids is one of the best ways to cure your cold. It keeps your body hydrated and helps you treat it well. It also helps in clearing stuffy nose by removing mucus. You should drink ten glasses of water daily for best results.
When to See a Doctor?
You should not always be dependent on the home remedies. These are for the common cold and are really effective at the treatment. But, there are conditions when you are not so much benefited with the remedies and thus you need to see the doctor fast. But, the question is when to see a doctor? Here are the symptoms that indicate that you must visit the doctor.
- Nasal infection
- Ear infection
- High fever above 102°F
- Brown, green or blood nasal discharge
- Skin rashes
- Coughing too much or cough that is not going easily