This article is about home remedies for constipation treatment. Constipation is a common problem that is highly irritating. It is the condition when one faces difficulty in passing stools. This common disorder affects people of all ages. From a toddler to his grandfather any one can suffer with the problem of constipation. You won’t really like to affect your pocket for this problem. Thus, we bring to you some of the best home remedies for constipation treatment. The only good part about constipation is that it can be easily treated at home using simple home remedies. You just have to go for simple and natural remedies and you will be able to get rid of this problem fast. This article has the list of the best home remedies that you can go for in order to get rid of constipation. You just need to be regular at these remedies and you will be able to cure constipation fast. Read the article and learn about the best home remedies for constipation treatment.
Causes of Constipation:
- There are various reasons for constipation:
- Insufficient water intake
- Poor diet
- Lack of physical activity
- Certain medication
- Irregular defecation habit
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Laxative abuse
Symptoms of Constipation:
- Constipation is difficult in passing stools. But it can be marked by other symptoms as well:
- Large stools
- Loss of appetite
- Bad breath
- Mouth Ulcers
Home Remedies for Constipation Treatment:
Constipation is a problem that can bring you a great discomfort. It is a saying that if your system is not good, then you are also not good. This can make you feel annoying all the time. It can also spoil your day at office and can even make you irritated when you are at home. Thus, it becomes very important to get rid of constipation fast. Here, we are going to discuss some of the best remedies that will help you with constipation treatment. Just try these simple remedies and get rid of constipation fast.
1.) Lemon to Treat Constipation
Lemon is one of the most effective remedies for constipation treatment. It helps the digestive tract and improves the functioning of digestive system and helps thing moving. Lemon is thus among the simplest but effective treatment for constipation. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of warm water and add a half lemon juice to it.
- Now add half teaspoon of table salt to or you can go for a pinch of rock salt.
- Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. Also, drink this solution in the evening daily to prevent constipation.
- Follow this remedy and you will see the difference within a few days.
2.) Figs to Cure Constipation
Figs are also among the most useful remedies for constipation treatment. Being high in fiber and being a natural laxative, it helps a lot in soothing the digestive tract. This is the perfect remedy for the people suffering with constipation. You can go for both dried and fresh figs. You are advised to go for fresh figs with their skin on. It contains more calcium and fiber. Follow the given steps to use dried figs for constipation treatment.
- Take three almonds and dried figs.
- Leave them in water for a few hours and afterwards, peel off the almond skin.
- Make paste by grinding these ingredients.
- Add honey to the paste and consume it before going to bed.
- Consume it daily for best results.
3.) Fennel Seeds to Get Rid of Constipation
You can also go for fennel seeds in order to get rid of constipation at home. Fennel seeds are known to tackle different system related problems such as bloating, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome and constipation. They treat all these with smooth muscle movement in the digestive tract. What you have to do is:
- Dry roast a cup of fennel seeds and make a powder by grinding the seeds.
- You can store this in jar and take one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water before going to bed.
4.) Honey to Prevent Constipation
Honey is also one of the most effective remedies for constipation treatment. It has mild laxative and thud help a lot with the problem. This not only a treatment but it is a prevention as well. You just have to consume a teaspoon of honey at least three times a day. What else you can do is:
- Take glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice to it.
- Mix it and drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Drink it daily for best results.
5.) Castor Oil to Treat Constipation
You can also go for castor oil in order to treat constipation. It is stimulant laxative and thus does a lot in soothing both large and small intestine. Also, it helps improve the bowel movement. The simplest way to use it is to swallow it on an empty stomach daily. In case you do not like the taste, you can mix a teaspoon of castor oil in fruit juice. This is one of the most excellent remedies for constipation treatment. You will get the positive results within a few hours. It improves the condition and makes you feel good. Avoid using it for long period, it may have side effects.
6.) Flax Seed for Constipation Treatment
You can also go for flax seed in order to get rid of constipation. They are high in medicinal properties and thus provide you great relief from the problem. It is high in omega-3 fatty acids and fiber and thus proves to be amazing for constipation treatment. Laxative properties make it one of the most amazing home remedies for constipation treatment. You can simply chew three teaspoons of flax seed water to treat constipation. Or, what else you can do is:
- Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of flax seed to it.
- Allow it to sit for three hours.
- Drink this water before going to bed and in the morning, you will see the difference.
7.) Grapes to Cure Constipation
You can also go for grapes in order to cure constipation. Grapes are high in fiber and thus treat constipation. It is great at reducing irregular bowl movement. This is one of the most useful remedies for constipation treatment. What you have to do is a bowl of grapes of daily to prevent constipation. In case raisins are not available, you can go for raisins overnight soaked in water on and empty stomach with water. What else you can do is:
- Boil a glass of milk and add twelve seedless grapes to it. Make sure that the grapes are seedless.
- Boil it for a few minutes and drink it in the evening.
- This is the best remedy for children suffering with constipation.
8.) Molasses to Treat Constipation
Molasses are among the best home remedies for constipation treatment. It is high in laxative properties and is thus counted among the most amazing home remedies for constipation treatment. What you have to do is consume a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses in the evening before going to bed. In case you do not like the taste, just mix it with juice or milk. What else you can do is:
- Mix equal amount of peanut butter and blackstrap molasses and consume in the morning.
- Do it daily for best results.
9.) Drinking Water to Avoid Constipation
Drinking water is one of the best home remedies for constipation treatment. Your system works well when it is well hydrated. Drinking water is one of the best ways to keep your body hydrated for all day. Make sure that you drink three liters of water every day. It soothes the digestive tract and provides you great relief from the problem. To get the best results, keep water in copper vessel overnight and in the morning, drink this water. It will help improve the bowel movement. Also, you should increase the consumption of other fluids. Increase consuming juices and other beverages. You are advised to avoid alcoholic beverages.
10.) Fiber Rich Foods to Treat Constipation
This is another fantastic and easy way to treat constipation. What you have to do is just increase the consumption of fiber rich foods. Consuming fiber rich foods improve the bowel movement and thus you get relief from the problem fast and naturally. What you have to do is increase the consumption of foods high in fiber like banana, beans, potatoes, prunes, brown rice, fresh fruits, wheat germ, green leafy vegetables, nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, broccoli etc. You can also go for fiber supplements.
Here are the tips that you can follow to avoid constipation and to keep your system fit:
- Intake sufficient amount of water. Make it a habit to consume three liters of water every day. You can increase the amount.
- Have proper diet. Go for a balanced diet and pay special attention to fiber rich foods.
- Increase physical movements of body. Go for walk or jogging.
- Avoid stress. You can go for yoga for the purpose. Yoga also help keep the system fit.