This article is about home remedies for acne treatment. Acne is the problem that affects a big amount of population of America. It is the problem that is spreading its wings continuously. Our skin pores produces sebum to keep our skin clean and healthy. When the skin pores start to produce more sebum than the normal, it leads to acne. Acne is the problem that can really scare you off as it has potential to destroy your looks. No one wants his or her face to be covered with those unwanted bumps. But, entering the age of puberty can give you an unfair chance to fall victim to this problem.
Acne can affect you at any age but teenagers are mostly affected by it. The condition is so bad that people are ready to spend a lot on the problem. But, not many know that there are a number of remedies that one can go for in order to get rid of these unwanted acne. There are a number of remedies that you can use to get rid of acne at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best home remedies for acne treatment. Read the article and learn more about acne.
Causes of Acne:
The primary cause of acne development is believed to be the risen level of androgen levels. It happens when a human reaches the adolescent age. When the androgen levels rise in the body, the skin produces more oil. The skin pores become enlarged and thus there is excessive production of sebum by the skin. It breaks down cellular walls and causes bacteria to grow. Extra production of sebum by the skin is the basic cause of acne and thus, the people with oily skin are prone to it. But, there are other factors as well that trigger the over production of sebum by the skin. These factors are:
- Exposure to dirt and other harmful particles
- Certain medications
- Exposure to sun
- Excessive use of make up
Types of Acne:
Acne has its own types. It is not a single term. It covers different aspects under it. Here are different types of acne:
- Whiteheads – These remains covered under the skin. They are very small and have white tops.
- Blackheads – Unlike whiteheads, blackheads are clearly visible on the skin. They have black top.
- Papules – You can notice the small bumps on the skin that are usually pink in color.
- Pustules – With red base, they are clearly visible on the skin. Pustules are filled with pus.
- Nobules – They are also clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are deeply embedded in the skin and cause a lot of a pain.
- Cysts – You can notice them clearly on the skin. Filled with pus, these types of acne are very painful and when they go, they leave behind scars.
Home Remedies for Acne Treatment:
Acne can be highly irritating and painful. The worst part about them is that they have potential to leave behind scars. They become so irritating that you can even run to doctor to get rid of them. But, not all know that there are different treatments that you can go for in order to get rid of acne at home. There are a number of simple remedies that will help you save a lot of money. These remedies are completely natural and thus they do not have any side effects. You can go for these remedies and get rid of acne fast and naturally. Different home remedies for acne treatment are:
1.) Lemon to Get Rid of Acne
Lemon is one of the most effective remedies for acne treatment. It might cause some tangling sensations when applied on pimples. Still it is effective at treating acne fast and naturally. You should make sure that you are going for fresh lemon juice. It reduces swelling and inflammation. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Extract some lemon juice in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball in it and apply it on the pimples.
- Leave it for an hour and before going to bed, clean it.
- Apply moisturizer and sleep.
2.) Cinnamon to Treat Acne
You can also go for cinnamon in order to get rid of acne fast at home. This is one of the most easy to use home remedies for acne treatment. You can easily find it at your home. If you do not have this, get it from the store. You can very easily find it in the market. Using it with lemon juice increases it potential and you are able to clear acne fast. What you have to do is:
- Take half tablespoon of cinnamon powder in a bowl and enough lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave overnight.
- Wash it in the morning with lukewarm water.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, avoid this remedy. It can cause redness, dryness and irritation.
3.) Toothpaste for Acne Treatment
Toothpaste is one of the most effective and easily available remedies for acne treatment. It is found in every household and thus you need not have to run here and there to get. You are advised to use the white toothpaste. Avoid going for the gel ones. It is among the best overnight remedies for acne.
- Apply toothpaste on the acne and leave overnight. In the morning, wash with cool water.
- In case you are trying this method during day. Make sure that you leave the toothpaste applied for at least half an hour.
4.) Honey to Cure Acne
Honey is antibacterial in nature and helps you treat acne fast. This is among the most effective remedies that you can try for yourself. Honey is easily available at stores. It is good that you go for the raw and organic honey. What you have to do is:
- Take some honey and apply in on the pimples.
- Leave it for an hour. You can also leave it overnight.
- Wash off with normal water.
5.) Garlic to Avoid Acne
Garlic is also antibacterial in nature and helps you cure acne. In fact, this is one of the most effective remedies for acne treatment. Chewing a garlic clove daily purifies blood and helps you clear acne. You can also apply it externally as well. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Extract some garlic juice from two to three garlic cloves and dilute it with water.
- Apply this one of the affected are and leave for fifteen minutes.
- Then wash off with normal water.
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves and crush it well. Soak it in water for twenty minutes.
- Add some Aloe Vera gel and apply it on the affected area.
6.) Basil Leaves to Get Rid of Acne
If you are looking for some overnight remedies then this is one of the most useful remedies for you. Basil leaves are used to treat various skin and health related problems. It has the potential to clear acne effectively and give you a clear and acne free skin. What you have to do is:
- Take some basil leave and soak them in water for twenty minutes.
- Before going to bed, wash your face and apply this water.
- Allow the skin to soak overnight and in the morning, wash off.
7.) Steam to Clear Acne
Steam is also among the most wonderful remedies for acne treatment. It is highly effective at blackheads. It treats other types of acne as well. What you can do is:
- Fill a pan with water and bring it to boil.
- Remove it from heat and keep in on the table.
- Take your face over the pan and get the steam.
- You can dab your head with towel and get the maximum amount of steam.
8.) Aspirin to Cure Acne
Aspirin is also used as an effective remedy to get rid of acne. It has the properties that help you cure acne fast at home. What you have to do is:
- Take some two aspirins in a bowl and add little water to it.
- Allow it to form a thick consistency like a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and allow to dry.
- Wash it off with normal water.
9.) Ice Cubes to Get Rid of Acne
Ice is another amazing remedy to be used for acne treatment. It helps give your instant relief from the swelling, irritation and pain. It is good to use if the irritation is too much. Using it daily will help you get rid of acne completely. What you have to do is:
- Take some cubes and wrap them in a cotton handkerchief.
- Apply it on the affected area till the ice melts completely.
- Do it daily and get rid of acne.
10.) Water to Prevent Acne
Water is one of the most effective remedies for acne treatment. It works as a natural detox and helps remove toxins easily from the body. It also keeps your system good. Drinking more water will help you get a healthier and glowing skin. You are advised to exceed the limit of recommended three liters. Drink as much water as you can.