This article is about ways to get rid of roaches. Roaches are the small beasts that attack your kitchen and then spread in your house. They are known for conveying harmful microorganisms that spread diseases. Their saliva contained those harmful microbes and when they feed on your feed, they leave these bacteria on the food. And, when you have that food, the harmful microbes are transferred to you. They feed on your food and thus you can find them hanging around in your kitchen. You need to get rid of these beasts as soon as possible as they not only contaminate your food, but can also prove to be a point if embarrassment among guests.
Roaches might become so irritating that you hesitate in inviting guest to your house. But, there are different ways that you can go for in order to get rid of these unwanted beasts in your house. In this article, we are going to discuss different ways that will help you get rid of roaches at home. Read the article to know more about roaches and ways to get rid of them.
Ways to Get Rid of Roaches:
You can see different promising advertisements on television that assure you to the removal of roaches from your house. But, these products are not always as successful as they are described in the advertisements. But there are a number of ways that you can go for in order to get rid of roaches at your home. Here we are going to discuss different methods that are easy to will surely help you reduce roaches at home.
1.) Coffee to Get Rid of Roaches
Coffee is one of the most effective ingredient that can be used in order to get rid of roaches fast at home. It has been a point of discussion that what in coffee helps kill roaches. Some say that the perk of the coffee kills the roaches while the others say the roaches cannot stand the smell of coffee. Well, no matter what, you can easily get rid of roaches using coffee. You can simply mix coffee in some food and keep it near the places where roaches are mostly found. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Half fill a jar with water and inside it, place inside a cup filled with grounded coffee.
- Place this jar near the area where these roaches are most often seen.
- Also, place two-three same jars as such and place them around the places where these roaches are more common.
- Roaches are attracted towards the aroma of the coffee and thus they will get trapped in the jar.
- Keep replacing the jar on a daily basis and it will be easier to get rid of roaches.
2.) Borax and Sugar to Get Rid of Roaches
Borax and sugar are also among the most useful remedies for roaches removal from the house. The sweet smell of sugar attracts the roaches towards them and the borax kills the roaches fast. Borax is often utilized by commercial products that are used to kill roaches. It is not at all good for digestive system of roaches. It helps in drying out the roaches to skeleton. Following are the steps that you can follow to get rid of roaches with borax and sugar:
- Mix equal amount of borax and sugar and spread it near the places where these roaches are more common.
- Within a few hours, you can find the roaches bodies lying here and there.
Note: Borax is highly toxic in nature so place it away from the reach of kids. If you have pets in house then you have to be very careful with the same. And, while making the mixture of the two ingredients, you are always advised to wear gloves.
3.) Fabric Softener to Get Rid of Roaches
It is also one of the most useful remedies to kill roaches. Roaches breathe from their body part. Exposing them to fabric makes it difficult for them to breathe. And, due to suffocation, they die. In this way it becomes very easy to get rid of these roaches naturally. What you have to do is prepare a spray using fabric softener. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- In a spray bottle, add three parts of fabric softener and two parts of water.
- Mix the solution well and spray it around the house where the roaches are most common.
- This is the natural solution that will help you get rid of the roaches fast.
4.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Roaches
Baking soda can also be used as one of the most effective remedies to kill roaches. In case you do not want to go for the borax then you can use the baking soda and kill the roaches well. You have to mix it with sugar and baking soda. The concept is the same. Sugar attracts roaches and baking soda kills them. It affects the digestive straight and kills the roaches. Follow the given steps to use the baking soda to kill roaches:
- Mix sugar and baking soda together and mix well.
- Sprinkle this mixture around the area where the roaches are most seen hanging around.
- It will kill the roaches immediately.
5.) Bay Leaf to Get Rid of Roaches
You can also give for bay leaves in order to get rid of roaches. This herb is good for you but nor for the roaches. It is often used in Asian cooking for flavors. Roaches cannot stand the strong smell of bay leaved and they will run away from it. By using the bay leaves you can get rid of roaches without killing them. Follow the steps to use it to get rid of roaches:
- Take some bay leaves and dry them in sunlight.
- Take those dried leaves and crush them to powder.
- Now take this powder and sprinkle it the near the area where these roaches are most commonly found.
- Roaches will not die but will found some other place to nest.
6.) Ammonia Water to Get Rid of Roaches
Ammonia water is also one of the most effective remedies for roaches removal. It has a really strong smell and thus it can be highly beneficial in killing the roaches. You have to make the solution with ammonia and water and you will be able to get rid of roaches. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take one bucket of water and add two cups of ammonia to it.
- Mix it well and use it to wash the area where the roaches are mostly active.
- Use the water to wash the area again and again.
- Your house will be completely roaches free.
7.) Soda Bottle to Get Rid of Roaches
You can also make a roaches trap with the soda bottle. Traps are easily available. You can buy different roaches trap from the store but it is pocket friendly to go with the soda bottles. You might have soda bottles at home and can utilize them to make a trap. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a plastic soda bottle and cut it horizontally from the neck.
- Take the part that has been separated from the bottle and place it in a vertically opposite portion.
- Stick the part to the bottle with the help of a tape.
- Mix some water with soap and mix well.
- Pour this solution into the water bottle.
- Now place the bottle near the area where these roaches are more common.
- Roaches will be attracted towards the bottle, fall into it and they will die.
8.) Catnip to Get Rid of Roaches
You can use the catnip to get rid of roaches fast and naturally. This is the safest way to use get rid of roaches fast and naturally. Catnip has the ingredient known as nepetalactone that is non-toxic to humans and pets. Just get a small sachets of catnip and place it near the area where the roaches are active. What else you can do is:
- Boil some water in a pan and one teaspoon catnip boil it.
- Allow it to cool and pour it in a bottle.
- Now spray it around the house where roaches are most active.
9.) Boric Acid to Get Rid of Roaches
You can also go for the boric acid to get rid of the roaches fast. It is toxic in nature but it can be used to kill roaches effectively. This is the best remedy that you can try to kill roaches if there population has increased so much. In case you want to get rid of roaches at home with simple way then you should definitely go for this way. Follow the given steps to use it:
- You have to place the boric acid on the top of the kitchen cabinets and the places where you see these roaches hanging around.
- Make sure that you keep it away from the places where you have kept food.
Note: You should make sure that you are using the boric acid away from the kits and pets.
10.) Pest Control to Get Rid of Roaches
In case the population of roaches have increased too much then you should definitely go for pest control. You can call the local pest control. They know the job well. And, thus it will become easier to get rid of these unwanted roaches in the house.
Ways to Prevent Roaches Infestation:
In the above part of the articles we discussed different ways to get rid of roaches fast and naturally. But, in case you want to prevent the future infestation in your house then you can follow some easy methods that we are going to discuss in this article. Here are the ways that you can follow to prevent roaches infestation:
- Cut Off Water Sources – We all know that cockroaches have a source of water. Cockroaches can live for a month without the food but they will die within a week without water source. They need water to sustain. Thus, you are advised to fix all the leaks in the house.
- Hide Food – They come to your house for the food. So, what you have to do is keep your pantry and kitchen clean all the time. Hide all the food sources in the house. If there are some food remain then throw them away. Do not throw the food in the garbage. Leaving them loose in the garbage will invite the roaches. When you are cooking dishes then make sure that you finish it completely. In case you have bought home some fruits then also do nor leave the slice here and there. If there are some food sources out then you can keep them in refrigerator.
- Keep Your House Clean – Keeping your house clean is another fantastic way to keep roaches away from the house. Wash your house regularly and make sure that you do not allow to drop food here and there. Clean the dishes well and before going to bed, wash all the plates carefully. Also keep the sinks clean. Make sure that you clean the pipes of the sink regularly.
- Clean Your Floor – You should also keep your floor clean all the time. Many a times, you might drop some food on the floor. Thus, you are advised to clean your floor regularly and avoid the sources of food for roaches.
- Throw the Trash – You should also throw the trash away from the home. Keeping thrash in the house means inviting roaches. There roaches live in the trash and enjoy there. So, make sure that you do not store the trash in your house.
So, you can get rid of roaches in the house with ways that we discussed above. But, following these given ways you can easily prevent the roaches from entering your house. So, go for these different ways and get rid of roaches fast and naturally. These ways can be easily carried out and thus you can kill roaches.