This article is about ways to get rid of blackheads. Black heads are the ugly forms of acne that have black top. Blackheads are formed due to the over secretion of oil by the skin. Usually, the problem occurs in during puberty, but sometimes it can affect one after that as well. Blackheads mostly occur on your nose but they can be also found on your cheeks, chin, chest, arms and back.
Blackheads are ugly looking acne that can take time to go. People might try to remove it by picking at it, but this is not the final solution. One has to go for other ways in order to treat your blackheads fast. People are also ready to spend bucks on medical treatment to get rid of the problem. But, these blackheads can be easily treated at home using different remedies. In this article, we are going to discuss different remedies that will help you get rid of blackheads fast and naturally. Read the article and learn the best ways to remove blackheads.
Causes of Blackheads:
Blackheads are a type of acne that are more common among teenagers. People with oily skin are more prone to the problem. Blackheads are basically caused due to clogging of pores due to extra secretion of oil and dead cells. When these clogged pores come in contact with oxygen, they turn black and thus are none as blackheads. But, there are other reasons that trigger the over-secretion of sebum and thus lead to blackheads. These factors are:
- Not cleaning the face properly
- Consuming more dry fruits, fatty foods and chocolates
- Using too much cosmetics
- Consuming alcohol
- Consuming more caffeine
- Stress and anxiety
Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads:
As it affects your face, you might want to get rid of blackheads as fast and possible. You might be ready to spend a good amount of money on it. But, you can easily get rid blackheads using different homer remedies. Natural remedies go gentle on your skin and there are less chances of irritation and side effects. In case you have sensitive skin, then also you can go for these natural remedies. They go gentle on your skin and treat acne well. Here are different home remedies for blackheads removal. Use these remedies as described and get rid of blackheads naturally.
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Blackheads
Baking soda is one of the most effective remedies that you can go for in order to remove blackheads. In case you have blackheads on nose, you are going to love this remedy. Baking soda exfoliates your skin gently and thus removes blackheads. Using it is very easy and effective. What you have to do is:
- Take two teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl and add enough water to make a paste.
- When the paste is ready, apply it on the affected area and massage the area in circular motion.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice a week for best results.
2.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Blackheads
It can also be really effective in removing the blackheads gently. Lemon juice is high in vitamin and nutrients and thus it is amazing for any skin type. You can use it in two different ways:
- Simply mix it with rosewater and prepare a face cleanser.
- You can use this prepared cleanser to clean your face a few times a week.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two.
- Apply some honey on the half part and also sprinkle some sugar.
- Your scrub is ready to exfoliate your skin.
- Rub this scrub gently on your face, paying special attention to the affected are.
- Do it for ten minutes and then wash of the area with normal water.
- Do it twice a week for best results.
3.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also go for green tea in order to get rid of blackheads effectively. It is high in properties that help cleanse face and removes oils and makes it healthy. It opens the clogged pores and allows your skin to breath. Follow the simple ways to scrub your face gently with green tea:
- Take some dry green tea leaves in a bowl and add some water to make a paste.
- Now apply it on blackheads and scrub the area gently.
- It will take away oil and dead skin from your face.
- Do it twice or thrice a week for best results.
4.) Oatmeal to Get Rid of Blackheads
When it comes at exfoliating skin, oatmeal is one of the most effective remedies for the purpose. It exfoliates skin gently and removes the dead skin cells from the skin. You can use it in two different ways. Combining oatmeal with plain yoghurt does a great work. What you have to do is:
- Take a bowl and add two tablespoons of oatmeal and plain yoghurt.
- Also add a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well and apply on the face.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Take a tablespoon of oatmeal in a bowl and add enough honey and tomato juice to make a paste.
- Use this mixture to scrub your face.
- Scrub for ten minutes and then wash face with normal water.
5.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Blackheads
Cinnamon can also be used effectively to get rid of blackheads fast and naturally. It not only removes blackhead but also prevent the future outbreaks. You can use it in two different ways:
- Take one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Add enough water honey to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face and leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash it off with normal water.
- Do it daily for ten days and you will see the difference.
- Take a teaspoon and lemon juice to make a paste.
- Also add a pinch of turmeric powder to it.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes and then wash your face.
6.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Blackheads
Epsom salt can also be used to remove blackheads from your face. You have to use it with iodine to get the best results.
- Take a teaspoon of Epsom salt in a bowl and add a few drops of iodine to it.
- Add a little warm water and allow the salt to dissolve.
- When the salt is dissolved completely, use a cotton ball to apply on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then wipe your face clean wet washcloth.
7.) Cornmeal to Get Rid of Blackheads
Cornmeal helps loosen the clogged pores and helps you get rid of blackheads fast. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Tale one tablespoon of cornmeal powder and add enough milk to make a paste.
- Before applying the mixture, you have to take steam to open the clogged pores.
- Now apply the paste and massage your face in circular motion.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then wash off with cold water.
8.) Sugar to Get Rid of Blackheads
Sugar exfoliates your skin nicely and removes the dead cells. You have to use it with lemon juice to remove the blackheads. What you have to do is:
- Take a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl and add enough lemon juice to make it wet.
- Now use this mixture to apply on your face and massage your face in circular motion.
- Do it for ten minutes and then wash off.
9.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also go for turmeric for blackhead removal. Using it is simple and easy and it removes the blackheads effectively. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Take some turmeric powder in a bowl and add enough mint juice to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and allow to dry.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
10.) Fenugreek to Get Rid of Blackheads
Fenugreek also works amazingly on the blackheads and helps remove them nicely. You have to use the fenugreek leaves for the purpose. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take some fenugreek leaves and grind it adding a little water to make a paste.
- When the paste is ready, apply it on your face.
- Leave it for some times and let it dry.
- When it has dried completely, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process daily for best results.
11.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also go for warm compress for blackheads removal. Warm compress loosens the pores and it drops the black heads. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Boil some water in pan and dip a towel in it.
- Wring out extra water and apply the towel on the affected area.
- Leave it for some time and it will open the clogged pores.
12.) Steaming to Get Rid of Blackheads
It is one of the oldest and most effective ways to used to treat blackheads fast and naturally. Steaming helps open the clogged pores and thus it loosens the blackheads and thus they fall. So, steaming is going to help a lot with the purpose. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Boil a pain of water for ten minutes.
- Remove it from heat and take to a table.
- Now take your face over the pan and enjoy the steam.
- You can also dab your head with towel to take enough steam.
13.) Eggs to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also go for eggs to remove blackhead. Egg is considered to be amazing for both skin and hair. You can use it to treat acne. What you have to do is:
- Wisk an egg in a bowl and add honey to it.
- Mix it well and apply on the face.
- Leave it for thirty minutes and then wash your face with normal water.
14.) Honey to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also go for warm honey to avoid blackheads. Warm honey helps loosen up the clogged pored and thus the blackheads will fall. What you can do is:
- Take some honey in a pan heat it.
- You can also put the honey jar in boiled water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply honey on your face.
- Leave it for ten minutes and then wash off.
15.) Blackhead Strips to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also try the blackhead strips. These are also considered to be among the most useful ways to remove blackheads. Blackhead strips work like waxing strips and they pull away the blackheads. This is temporary solution to the problem and you can use it for special occasions. They are available in the market and you can use it as waxing strips.
Over the Counter Products to Get Rid of Blackheads:
Natural remedies are always considered safe but not fast. If you do not have much faith in going for natural treatment then you can surely try the other ways to get rid of blackheads. There are a number of products available in the market that will help you remove blackheads. Over the counter products might help you well but you need to take proper precautions while using them.
1.) Knowing the Skin Type to Get Rid of Blackheads
This is the very first that you should consider in order to get rid of blackheads naturally. Knowing your skin type is really important as all the products are not for all types of skin. You have to determine if your skin is dry, normal or oily and then you should buy the products accordingly. Acne prone skin are mostly sensitive skin and thus you should always go for the products that are made for the sensitive skin. Basically there are two types of ingredients used in the products – benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. But, before using the products, there a few precautions that you should consider:
The two ingredients can have allergic reactions. In case your skin reacts badly, you should stop using it immediately.
2.) Benzoyl Peroxide to Get Rid of Blackheads
In case you do not have a sensitive skin, you can go for benzoyl peroxide. It helps breaks the clogged pores and thus the blackheads loosen up and they fall out of the pores. This is the fastest known store-brought option. But, it might go harsh on your skin.
You should be very careful while using the product. The time period does a lot in deciding its effects and affects on the skin. Leaving it on the skin for longer, it may cause irritation. Also, it might really go harsh on your skin but is far more effective than any other product.
3.) Salicylic Acid to Get Rid of Blackheads
In case you have a sensitive skin, you should definitely go for salicylic acid. This ingredient goes gentle on the skin and you will notice redness and itchiness in very rare cases. when you have to sensitive skin you cannot go for the ingredients as the above, but you can definitely go for this one. You should check the ingredients well before going for the products and always go for the products that have salicylic acid with glycolic acid.
4.) Alpha Hydroxy Acid Products to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also go with products that have this particular ingredient. It includes glycolic acid and thus it exfoliates skin effectively, removing the dead cells. You can find this chemical in face peels and common exfoliates. It helps remove dead cells and thus removes blackheads. You have to use it same as the above mentioned products. Read the instruction carefully before using it. Avoid going in sunlight before and after using the product.
5.) Topical Cream or Face Wash to Get Rid of Blackheads
You can also go with some topical cream and face wash if you want. There are a number of such products available in the market. You can go for the one you want. It is good to go with the face wash. But the topical creams do not last long and thus it much time to work.
Tips to Get Rid of Blackheads:
Here are some of the most useful tips that you can go for in order to get rid of blackheads fast. These are the simple tips that you should follow to treat and prevent blackheads. Following these tips with your normal treatment helps you prevent the future outbreak. Tips to get rid of blackheads are:
- Do not touch blackheads again and again. Keep your hands away from it.
- Oil from your hair can also lead to the outbreak of blackheads and thus you ate advised to wash your hair regularly and keep them cleaned always.
- Wash your face daily using a gentle scrub. It will help remove the dead skin. Also, you should wash your face more than once. Go to bed after washing your face with a gentle face wash.
- Change your pillowcase regularly. Dirty pillowcases affect your skin and causes acne.
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Avoid using moisturizer that makes the skin too much oily.
- You can also use absorbing sheets to keep oil away from your face. Always carry these sheets with you.
- Avoid using too much cosmetic products.