This article is about ways to get rid of a stuffy nose. The condition is also known as nasal congestion and blocked nose. It is occurs because of the congestion in nose. It happens due to swelling of nasal cavity. The swelling in nasal cavity leads to the buildup of makeup and it results into stuffy nose. The condition is really irritating as it makes you difficult to breath. Stuffy nose is mostly the results of flue, cold and allergic reaction. It is not only annoying but it can be embarrassing as well.
The condition can even spoil your office meet and can even make it difficult to sit for your exam. It can also give you a restless and sleepless night. Another reason to cure stuffy nose fast is that it can further lead to infection. But, it is no serious problem and should be treated well at home. There are different remedies that can help you cure stuffy nose fast at home. In this article, we are going to discuss different remedies for stuffy nose treatment. Read the article and learn about different methods to treat a stuffy nose.
Causes of Stuffy Nose:
Nasal congestion is the main cause of a stuffy nose but there are other conditions that can lead to the problem:
- Hay fever
- Foreign irritants
- Certain chemicals
- Deviated septum
Symptoms of Stuffy Nose:
Here are the symptoms of s stuffy nose:
- Blocked nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sinus pain
- Mucus buildup
- Swelling of nasal tissues
Methods to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose:
Stuffy nose is the condition that can really make you annoying and restless. Difficulty in breathing properly can surely make your restless and can even spoil your day. To get rid of this irritating situation, there are a number of remedies that one can go for. Here are different remedies that you can try and get rid of a stuffy nose fast and naturally. Read the article and get rid of the problem fast and naturally.
1.) Blow Your Nose to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
This is one of the most primitive methods that you can go for in order to get rid of a stuffy nose. This is the best solution to get instant relief from the problem. What you have to do is blow your nose using a handkerchief and you will be able to treat the problem fast and naturally. This will help you get instant relief from the problem.
2.) Inhale Steam to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Inhaling steam is another fantastic way to get rid of the problem immediately. Inhaling steam helps remove mucus and relieves nasal congestion. Being a natural expectorant, it helps clear nasal congestion. It also helps soothe the irritated respiratory tract. What you have to do is:
- Boil a bowl of water and add carom seeds to it. Maintain an arm distance from the pan and inhale the steam. It is better to bring the pan on the table and then inhale the steam. You can also dab your head with towel.
- You can also use a few drops of peppermint essential oil if seeds are not available.
Note: Children and pregnant women should avoid this remedy. Among children, there is a risk of scalding and among pregnant women, it can cause high blood pressure and can affect central nervous system.
3.) Nasal Irrigation to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
This is also among oldest method for stuffy nose treatment. It clears the mucus and provides you instant relief from the problem. It also removes irritant from the nasal passage.
- Pour two cups of distilled water in a neti pot.
- Add a teaspoon of salt in it.
- Now use this solution to irrigate your nose.
- It will provide you instant relief from the problem.
4.) Steamy Shower to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
You are also advised to take a steamy shower in order to get rid of nasal congestion fast and naturally. It reduces congestion and loosens mucus. In addition to this, it also cures sinus pressure and headaches.
Take a hot shower and take deep breathes in that shower for ten minutes. The steamy vapors will clear the steamy nose immediately. Repeating it for ten days will help you get rid of the problem immediately.
5.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Just like steamy shower, you can also go for warm compress. It works as same as and provides you great relief from the problem. It opens the nasal passages and loosens the mucus. In this way, it clears your nose. It is easy to use. You will need a towel to get rid of this problem. What you have to do is:
- Take a warm towel and place it your face.
- Now take deep breathes for five minutes.
- Do it several times a day.
6.) Garlic to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
You can also go for garlic in order clear a stuffy nose. It removes nasal congestion and provides you great relief. It is high in antifungal and antiviral properties that soothe respiratory infection that lead to the congestion. You can simply consume a few garlic cloves or you can also go for a garlic solution.
- Boil a cup of water and add three crushed garlic cloves to it.
- Add half teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Consuming it daily will relieve the problem completely.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Apple cider vinegar is widely known for weight loss. This is also one of the most effective remedies for stuffy nose treatment. It is high in several nutrients and thus is great for your health. It improves your immune system as well. You have to consume it with warm water and it will be do the job for you. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a glass of warm water and add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink it twice a day for best results.
8.) Eucalyptus Oil to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Eucalyptus oil can also be used to get rid of nasal congestion fast and naturally. It is high in anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties that will help your with the purpose. The simplest way to use it is to apply some eucalyptus essential oil on your pillow. This way you will be able to treat stuffy nose when you are in deep sleep. You can also make a natural inhaler to cure stuffy nose with eucalyptus oil. What you have to do is:
- Take a handkerchief and add a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it.
- Use this handkerchief as natural inhaler and the aroma of the oil will treat the problem.
9.) Oregano Oil to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
You can also go for oregano essential oil in order to clear a stuffy nose. It is high in antibacterial, anti fungal and antibacterial properties that can be used effectively to clear stuffy nose. Also, it is high in anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation in the nasal passage. Along with that, it is a natural antioxidant and it also boosts your immune system. All these properties make it a perfect remedy for stuffy nose treatment. The simplest way to use it is two put a few drops of this oil under your tongue for a few minutes. Keep repeating this remedy for about a month and you will be able to cure stuffy nose. You can use it in two other ways:
- Take a glass of water and add three drops of this oil to it.
- Now drink it immediately.
- It will provide you relief and drinking this solution daily will clear the infection.
- You can try the other ways as well.
- Boil a cup of water and add a few drops of oregano oil to it.
- Inhale the steam. It will clear the nasal congestion immediately by opening the sinuses.
- You can repeat this remedy daily to eliminate the infection.
10.) Turmeric to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Turmeric is also high in anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibiotic properties that help treat a number of problem. It is also great at treating stuffy nose. It is great at treating sinus infection and congestion in nasal passage. Also, it has compound known as curcumin that reduces swelling caused in the sinus cavity and it also clears the airways. Gargling with turmeric solution is a great way to clear stuffy nose. What you have to do is add a pinch of salt in a glass of warm water and use it to gargle. Repeat it for a few days. You can try the other ways as well. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of hot milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this solution for a week until the problem is solved completely.
- Blend together banana, two pieces of turmeric root, a tablespoon of honey, one lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper and water.
- Blend it well and your smoothie is ready.
- Drink it daily for best results.