This article is about ways to cure a sore throat. Sore throat is health condition that leads to the swelling of throat. It makes throat pain and one faces difficulty in swallowing food. In medical terms, this condition is known as pharyngitis. This is because of the reason that the condition is marked by the swelling of pharynx, tube extending from back and connecting to esophagus. The pain in such condition may increase to the extent that you might have to consult the doctor. But, you can treat it nicely at home without having the need to spend on the medicines.
There are different remedies that will help you with the sore throat treatment. You can find these remedies at home and thus it will be easier for you to get rid of it. Apart from the home remedies, there are simple trick and tips that you can follow to cure a sore throat. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways to get rid of sore throat naturally at home. Read the article and learn the different ways.
Causes of Sore Throat:
Before beginning with the remedies, let us discuss causes that lead to the condition of sore throat. Different causes for sore throat are:
- Viral infection
- Bacterial infection
- Fungal infection
- Acid reflux
- Dry air
- Allergic reaction
- Excessive shouting
Symptoms of Sore Throat:
There are different medical conditions related to throat. Determining that it is a sore throat can be tricky. Here are different symptoms that will help you recognize the condition of sore throat:
- Dry Throat
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Some sensations in the throat
- Pain in the throat
- Croaky voice
- Pain while speaking
- Tenderness in the neck
Remedies to Cure a Sore Throat:
Sore throat is an irritating condition but getting rid of it might not be so irritating. There are different remedies that you can follow and get rid of sore throat fast and naturally. There remedies are simple and thus not require your much efforts to use them. You can make them simply at home without having needed to rush to the market. Home remedies to cure a strep throat are:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure a Sore Throat
Apple cider vinegar is one of the finest remedies for sore throat treatment. This remedy has been used for a very long to treat various health related problems. You can use it to get rid of sore throat. It is high in antibacterial properties that will help you with the purpose. You can use it in two different ways:
- Take a cup of warm water and add one teaspoon of each honey and lemon juice to it.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it drink it enjoying the sip.
- Drink this solution three times a day for best results.
- It will help get rid of the swelling and the inflammation.
- Take a cup of warm water and add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of salt to it and mix well.
- Now use this solution to gargle and you will notice the difference soon.
- Repeat the process several times a day for best results.
2.) Slippery Elm to Cure a Sore Throat
You can also go for slippery elm to get rid of the condition fast. This gel like substance coats the throat and thus reduces irritation and helps with the soreness. What you have to do is:
- Boil two cup of water and add inner bark slippery elm.
- Allow it to steep for a ten minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink slowly.
3.) Lemon to Cure a Sore Throat
You can also go for lemon in order to cure a sore throat naturally. What you have to do is:
- Take a cup of warm water and add half lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
- Enjoy this hot lemonade and get rid of sore throat.
4.) Slat Water to Cure a Sore Throat
Salt has antiseptic properties that help clear mucus and helps you teat sore throat. You have to gargle with salt water to cure strep throat. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Take a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of salt to it.
- Now use this water to gargle.
- Do not swallow, just gargle and spit it.
5.) Cinnamon to Cure a Sore Throat
Cinnamon is also one of the most wonderful remedies for sore throat treatment. You can go for the following way to use it to get rid of sore throat.
- Take a glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Also add a teaspoon of black pepper to it.
- Strain the prepared solution and drink it.
6.) Honey to Cure a Sore Throat
Honey is known for its antibacterial properties and thus can be used effectively to treat sore throat easily at home. What you can do is:
- Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix it well and drink it.
- Drink it at least thrice a day for best results.
Alternatively, you can also consume a teaspoon of honey daily to soothe your throat.
7.) Turmeric to Cure a Sore Throat
You can also increase the consumption of turmeric to cure sore throat. It is high in antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and thus will help you with the purpose. You can use it differently:
- Take a glass of warm milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Mix it well and drink it slowly.
- Drink it daily before going to bed and you will get the results in three to four days.
- You can also add a teaspoon of grounded black pepper to it.
- You can also gargle with turmeric powder.
- Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Use this water to gargle to it.
- Gargle with this solution twice a day for best results.
8.) Fenugreek Seeds to Cure a Sore Throat
Fenugreek seed can also help you get rid of sore throat fast and naturally. It has the properties that help clear mucus and thus you are able to treat sore throat fast. What you have to do is:
- Boil six cups of water and add two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds to it.
- Boil it for half an hour and strain it.
- Allow it to cool on room temperature and then gargle with this solution.
9.) Ginger Tea to Cure a Sore Throat
You can also go for ginger tea to get rid of sore throat fast. What you have to do is prepare ginger tea. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Boil a cup of water and add half inch of crushed ginger to it.
- Allow to steep for five minutes.
- Strain it and drink it.
10.) Garlic to Cure a Sore Throat
Garlic also has properties that you get rid of sore throat fast and naturally at home. You can consume garlic in different forms. You can simply chew a garlic clove daily. Or, you can use the garlic oil for the cooking purpose. Or, you can also consume garlic in cooked form.
General Practices to Cure a Sore Throat:
Remedies are no doubt important to get rid of a sore throat, but maintaining your general health is also important for the same. There are some general health practices that you can follow to treat sore throat.
1.) Take Proper Rest to Cure a Sore Throat
This is one of the most important practices that you should follow in order to treat any problem. You can sleep during day as well. Make sure that you maintain a proper sleeping schedule. While you are not well, you are advised to sleep for 11-13 hours. When you take rest or you are asleep, your body functioning improves and thus your body is able to fight the viruses and bacteria.
2.) Take Steamy Shower to Cure a Sore Throat
You can also go for the steaming shower. Steaming shower soothes your throat and also freshens you up. Taking a steamy bath every morning is a good idea. It cleans your body and makes you feel active. So, start your day with a steamy shower and cure a sore throat fast.
3.) Drink Water to Cure a Sore Throat
You should start drinking extra water or increase the consumption of fluids. When your body is properly hydrated, it is able to fight off the viruses and infection. You are advised to go for at least three liters of water a day. This will keep your body hydrated and will also help remove viruses from body.
4.) Take Vitamin C to Cure a Sore Throat
Vitamin C is another awesome way to cure a sore throat. You can take vitamin C supplements or you can also go for foods and fruits high in vitamin C. This will help your body to fight of the virus and infection. You can also go for other antioxidant rich foods.
5.) Wash Your Hands Frequently to Cure a Sore Throat
Your hands lead to the transfer of germ to your body. Washing your hands frequently and keeping it sanitized helps remove germs from it and thus you can stay healthy for longer. So, make sure that you wash your hands frequently. Also, carry a sanitizer with you.